• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The Cowgirl and the Bull

Started by JohnP, November 11, 2009, 06:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

All of our kids had horses and spent most of their time with them.  We traveled the entire length and width of Arizona and New Mexico going to rodeos and horse shows.  The girls participated in all the gymkhana events, goat roping and barrels, my boy just watched the other girls.  During one rodeo our youngest said she would like to try bull riding.  Her mother almost had a heart attack!  Most of the boys her age had not been very successful and she made a comment that she bet she could ride for not only the required eight seconds, but at least ten.  I got her signed up, signed all the necessary waivers and waited on pins and needles for her chute number to be called.  Then I heard "In chute number 3 riding "Mad as Hell" Mandy P from southern Arizona."  I swallowed hard and looked at my wife, who had no clue that her youngest would be bull riding.  If looks could kill I'd be dead.  When the chute opened out she came, the bull kicking, spinning and bucking, our daughter had a grin on her face, one arm in the air and spurring like crazy.  She not only stayed on for the required time but won the event for her age group.  The bulls were not full grown and most not any larger than the kids but still a hand full.  Before we left I bought that little guy and he was our herd bull for many years, gentle as a lamb and would follow her around like a little puppy.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

golfertrout

GunDog

Good stuff indeed Mr JohnP.....and a very pretty young lady there with, I take it "Madder Than Hell".....  :wink:

Todd Rahm

Lol, thats  cool story John and thanks for sharing it man!  :congrats:

HaMeR

Congratulations to Mandy for riding that bull to Victory!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Thanks for sharing your story with us!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

That is very cool.
How old is she now and do you still have the bull?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

I can't tell ya how old she is, she may read this and get mad.  However she did a tour in the Army, went off to college, got a AA, then a BS, then her Masters and is now working on her PhD, currently a Dir at a major hospital here in Az and will be interviewing for a CEO position next week.  Part of me wishes she get the job, part of me wishes she doesn't as it's out of state.   Happily married with two wonderful boys who think grandpa is Superman and I don't discourage that.

Alas, Mad as Hell is no longer with us.  However he isn't entirely gone either.  Believe it or not he is buried pretty close to where he is standing in that picture.  When the time came for him to leave this world I suggest we sell him to a local auction house for dog meat, damn near went to divorce court over that innocent little suggestion.  Had the vet come out and put him down, rented a back hoe and buried him, rather expensive ordeal.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Todd Rahm

John it sounds like you sure know how to make lasting memories for your family.  ;yes;

msmith

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori