• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Trouble Makers

Started by JohnP, January 12, 2010, 11:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

These guys are nothing but trouble makers for the "real" wildlife out here in the desert.  They'll foul a waterhole and keep the bighorn and deer and other wildlife from using it.  The do gooders have convinced the lawmakers that they should be protected at all cost.  They are doing the same thing to ruin our habitat that the feral hogs are doing through out the country.  On a desert sheep hunt a few years back we ran into hundreds of them.  A herd decided to spend the night not to far from our tents and brayed like hell all night, felt like shooting the SOB's. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

GunDog

How many of them desert donkeys ya'll have out there? A good bottle of that Tennessee drinking water and twenty years younger - I'd grab the closest one and use him to run the rest of them out of that there desert for ya Mr John. Yes sir - we'd run'em plum up in the lawmakers yards. Grin

pitw

Funny isn't it how one place they are a problem and another they are non existent. They look kinda like the leaders of a couple country's I hear about.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Aren't those a non-native species?  It is hard to imagine there are laws to protect them.   :rolleye:

HaMeR

Washington DC desert style huh?  :laf:

I bet a hundred of those things would be a helluva racket John. Here where I deer hunt one of the neighbors has just one. What a damn nuisance!! Every time the dogs bark that damn thing would let go. Sounded like a momma cow that lost her calf.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

You can just see the sny look in their faces too :rolleye: ...jackasses. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Quote from: Semp on January 13, 2010, 05:52:25 AM
Aren't those a non-native species?  It is hard to imagine there are laws to protect them.   :rolleye:
I w/ Semp on that.
Doesn't your wildlife dept' have any balls?

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on January 12, 2010, 11:59:27 PM
They look kinda like the leaders of a couple country's I hear about.

So, I guess you have seen other pictures of obama (left) and hillary (right).

JohnP

Quote from: vvarmitr on January 13, 2010, 07:36:00 AM
Quote from: Semp on January 13, 2010, 05:52:25 AM
Aren't those a non-native species?  It is hard to imagine there are laws to protect them.  :rolleye:
I w/ Semp on that.
Doesn't your wildlife dept' have any balls?

Yes Semp they are non-native species and the laws on the books are not state laws but federal laws.  We have no state laws on the books that protect them, although our Game Dept is charged to enforce the federal laws.  Our Game Dept is handcuffed by the feds, just like some other western states are with their wolf problems and which we will be also as we now have several breeding packs in AZ and NM.  They are found dead, of gunshot wounds, in the desert on occasion.  Not sure how vigorous the shootings are investigated but I do know that if I found one dead I'd be sitting a few yards away waiting for a coyote.  
:hahaha:

vvarmitr

Quote from: JohnP on January 13, 2010, 10:46:51 AM
 They are found dead, of gunshot wounds, in the desert on occasion.
Hopefully you mean the wolves. :eyebrow:

JohnP

That is a pretty poorly constructed sentence.  What I meant to say is:  On occasion wolves as well as burro's are found dead in the desert and mountain areas.