• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Trapping area??

Started by Frogman, December 15, 2009, 05:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Hey guys, what areas were the trappers in this year??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Jimmie in Ky

In Ky areas 5,6 and 7. In Tenn. areas 12 and 14 . Season runs january 12th through the 24th In Ky and january 18 thru 31 in Tenn. Jimmie

Frogman

Good to hear from you Jimmie, thnaks for the info!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

kyfuzzyface

Jimmy whats the odds callin one in after the trappers get done in that area, Does that many trap LBL
I was down there just before Christmas and saw some good looking places in some of the trapping areas
Only saw i trapper and he was in Cadiz
Fuzzy

Jimmie in Ky

Even if they get the alpha apir they will be replaced by the time of the hunt. And th males being in new territories will be easier to kill , or at least call anyway, wiht teh right sound. Any caniine sound should trip their trigger. Jimmie

CCP

QuoteDoes that many trap LBL

Dont know but have talked to two different trappers two different years. One had 80 coyotes for the month in two zones Ky side and the other had 70.

I dont know of any 80 in number coyote packs in these 1 or 2 mile trapping areas. :laf: So it is fairly obvious the coyotes consistently cross over each other and there are many, many transients wondering around. I believe the trappers diminish the number of coyotes in the LBL as a whole not just these trapping areas.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

coyotehunter_1

I wonder how many trappers will be working the LBL this year? With the price of coyote fur in the crapper plus high fuel prices I can't imagine anyone trapping coyotes specifically. Maybe the Feds are paying the trappers to target coyotes, I don't know. I would think if I was a trapper, with only a few weeks to work LBL, I would go after bobcat and fox first, with coyote being very low on my to do list.  :shrug:

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

pitw

I'm on a trapping board down south there and I haven't heard anything about the government paying anyone to target coyotes :shrug:.  I know trappers will take more coyotes than hunters in any area there are trappers. :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Jimmie in Ky

They don't have to Pay Matt and hte others. Numbers are so good that they can  target whatever they want and most target coyote for the quick haul. At the high point Matt took 92 in ten days. Year after he had 45 at day six of that short season. They have been hittin zone 5 each year And we have had numerous animals taken during the hunt from that zone . Mainly because it is so easy to work with good access to most of it.

And these guys do this as part of their living. They trap and comercial fish and several of them even do animal damge control , such as Matt. The number of animals they take makes up for low prices.

Disease in the animal population causes far more number losses than trappers.

And I think there are only 3 trappers for each state. Last I heard.  Jimmie

Raven42

I spoke to a trapper about a week ago. He told me there were only three drawn and he was the only one trapping. He spoke with the other two and they said that they were not going to waist there time over there this year. He was in area eather 6 or the west end of sevan. I think it was six though.  :shrug:
Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. (Fred Bear)