• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Just a couple more to go......

Started by coyote101, January 28, 2015, 10:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

....... and I'll have enough to make some squirrel stew.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

HaMeR

Cool deal Pat!! What's the story on your shootin iron of choice?
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

Quote from: HaMeR on January 28, 2015, 01:16:30 PM

It's an old Glenfield (Marlin) Model 60 that I picked up at a yard sale for $90 several years ago. I put a full size fixed 4 power scope on it.  It's accurate to minute-of-squirrel head at reasonable distances with Federal bulk ammo. I'm two for two with it in the past week.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Cool!! I like the tube fed rifles. The checkering on that rifle looks very nice.

BTW-- I picked up my old Mossberg 22LR for $75 at a yard sale as well. It's a real shooter with the Rem Goldtips.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Nice!  :eyebrownod: But it's almost February and the woods floor is brown :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Quote from: coyote101 on January 28, 2015, 06:10:59 PM
Quote from: HaMeR on January 28, 2015, 01:16:30 PM

It's an old Glenfield (Marlin) Model 60 that I picked up at a yard sale for $90 several years ago. I put a full size fixed 4 power scope on it.  It's accurate to minute-of-squirrel head at reasonable distances with Federal bulk ammo. I'm two for two with it in the past week.

Pat

Sweet rifle Pat! I bought one when I was a kid by saving my lawn mowing money. Literally wore the thing out. The ejector was machined into the receiver and eventually wore to the point it wouldn't eject. Love the rifle so much, about 15 years ago I bought another one. Now my Big Dawg is totin' it. Great squirrel guns for sure.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 29, 2015, 05:45:56 AM
Nice!  :eyebrownod: But it's almost February and the woods floor is brown :confused:

We got maybe an inch of snow last Friday night and Saturday morning. By noon Saturday it was almost all gone. I wish we would get a little that would stick around a few days.

Pat
NRA Life Member

Hawks Feather

With some snow they would be easier to see - at least for me.  But the neighbor that I used to give squirrels to passed away and my wife is not a squirrel fan.  So, I just put the crosshairs on them, say bang, and wait for something else to come by.

Jerry