• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New coyote getter

Started by gravesco hunter, February 24, 2015, 08:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravesco hunter

Went a few times at night had some hang up about 70 or 80 yds out got me a browning 10 gauge today,stop out there at 70 this full moon and we will see

Dale

are y'all not allowed to use lights or rifles at night?... 

even with a 10ga that's still a long shot... with the right shot/choke combination it is do able...  do a bunch of testing as temps and humidity will have great affect/effect {choose the correct one} on the pattern, especially at those distances...  the "dead coyote" ammo is supposed to be good but I'd also look around, in the old Mom and Pop gun shops for some of the Federal Premium or equivalent in copper plated BB, B or T shot, and of course the #4 buckshot loads...

did you get the auto loader or the pump?... I have a pump from back in the days of water fowl hunting, they are shooters... good luck on your trials and travels with the "big gun"...   :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

gravesco hunter

No rifles at night we can use lights part of the year,i am not a fan of lights ,i would rather use the light of the moon,it is an auto loader,i have taken coyotes at night at 60 yds with a 12 and number 2 plan on shooting my own loads with bbb

Dale

ok well good luck with'em...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

gravesco hunter

Not much jim,try em some next week with full moon