• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Just venting

Started by Yotehntr, July 30, 2010, 06:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

I use AT&T for my DSL service.... I use outlook at home to download my e-mail, but when at work I look at it (e-mail) through "web mail"... They've actually started adding "pop ups" to their site.... advertising car insurance!!!  WTF???  They have all these filters to keep pop ups from happening when I surf, and then they put them on their own site???  Pretty lame on AT&T's part IMO... They actually have Yahoo handle their e-mail now.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

I think a lot of the ISP's are farming out their mail to the higher ups. It takes the burden of constant security off of them.

My ISP starting routing all their client mail account through Google Mail a year or so ago. They sent out a big ole letter explaining how to adjust all your settings and ya had to go through this big verification process.

It was actually pretty simple, but I had half the neighborhood beating on my door asking for some assistance.

If AT&T is actually putting those pop ups on there, there should be an option to opt out from them. Unless you got some malware running. But then they would appear other places also.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

Yeah I think it's actually Yahoo putting the pop ups there, but I'm paying AT&T...  so they're responsible in my book... I gave 'em an ear full.  :biggrin:   oh so friendly though.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Same thing is happening with me. Did it help to give them the friendly talk? cc

Yotehntr

I haven't heard back from them but I feel a little better.  :sneer:

pitw

Quote from: Yotehntr on July 31, 2010, 11:36:29 AM
I haven't heard back from them but I feel a little better.  :sneer:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:      frick do I hear that. :laf: :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.