• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Cicada's?

Started by Yotehntr, May 27, 2011, 01:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Well the 13th year is here again.....  :shrug:  for those that don't have 'em the cicada's are deafening here!  Every 13th year and 17th they come out of the ground... in larva form, and hatch out... by the billion.  Walking through the parking lot at work I started noticing that every car had 15+ cicada's splattered on 'em.... just jogging down the street I'll have a couple land on me... if you're mowing... they think it's a matting call...  :alscalls:  you will be swarmed!!! It's funny as heck to watch.  I walked over to the closest bush and pulled one off to show here... (they don't bite)

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

WldWldWest

Funny you should mention that now, I was at MTSU trying to get a 120' Boom that the customer had stuck in the mud out and I was up about 30' and it decides to run out of fuel! In the mean time the cicada's decided I looked like one of them and started to swarm me! I'd never seen anything like it, You couldnt even open your mouth to talk and they would fly inside and choke ya to death!

And I dont care what anybody say's....They Dont taste like chicken!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Bills Custom Calls

I haven't seen any here yet

Yeah Doug these are the wrong ones to eat the others are spelled CHICadas  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

CCP

I am loving it a Fry daddy and some butter makes a great meal. :yoyo: Had a pretty decent crop last year..

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

weedwalker

Quote from: CCP on May 27, 2011, 05:15:56 PM
I am loving it a Fry daddy and some butter makes a great meal. :yoyo: Had a pretty decent crop last year..

OH YEAH!!!! A little cajun seasoning on 'em is good too. :yoyo:

KySongDog

Don't they make good fish bait?

Hawks Feather

We have some around here, but we went to visit our daughter in Louisville about 6 years ago and had a RUDE awakening to what they can be like in other areas.

Jerry

HaMeR

Quote from: Semp on May 27, 2011, 07:32:43 PM
Don't they make good fish bait?

:confused:  When I fished I would see those little buggers getting sucked right under the water. So I hooked em behind the wings,, don't remember exactly how anymore,, & set a small bobber about 5 feet from them & flipped them out. Never had a hit. Coulda been the bobber.  :shrug: Coulda been they weren't hungry anymore.  :shrug: Coulda been I aint no better at fishing than I am at hunting coyotes.  :biggrin: I just never caught a fish with them.  :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Yotehntr

HaMer try a drop of super glue to hold 'em on the hook.... they'll keep fluttering that way.  :wink: 

Ok my funny cicada story... my wifes dog  LOVES em... wouldn't come in the other day... finally it came in while we were eating lunch... I guess the mutt ate to many... and spewed 'em at mama's feet..    :alscalls:   I said look  :hahaha:  they're still moving!  :alscalls:  ok I waited until after she cleaned it up before I said that... (or I'd have been cleaning 'em up)
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

WldWldWest

Quote from: CCP on May 27, 2011, 05:15:56 PM

I'm at a loss for word's....Your a NASTY BASTERD will suffice I think. :puke:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!