• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rant

Started by Yotehntr, October 28, 2011, 11:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

:confused:  You know I didn't think Microsoft could screw up any worse than Vista... I believe Widows 7 raised the bar to a whole new level... can't even add a hyperlink to a web page when I send an e-mail... there's a "magic button" there to do it, but it don't work.... used to be able to just copy/past from the address bar... it'll paste there but it isn't "clickable"... also love the way you bump your mouse or put it in the wrong place and what your looking at disappears.. think they're trying to do our thinking for us... durn I miss XP...  :argh:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HaMeR

Firefox & gmail Brad. That's all you need to do everything you want to do.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Yeah, what mail program you using?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

"Windows live mail" 

Yotehntr

:doh2: .... well I figured it out... there's a "plain text" or "HTML" text button... it was on plain text..  :rolleye:

FinsnFur

:laf: Yeah I was gonna say, the problem you are describing has nothing to do with Vista :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Yotehntr

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 29, 2011, 07:10:24 PM
:laf: Yeah I was gonna say, the problem you are describing has nothing to do with Vista :wink:

(Windows 7)...  the moving the mouse and it thinking for you is though... as well as the newer version of office you have to have for the 64 bit operating system...

CCP

Brad you may have some corrupt files or something. :confused: I got a laptop during the summer running Windows 7 64bit and have none of these problems. I run my same Windows Office 2007 I run on my desk top with XP. I send and receive hyper links.

So far I like Windows7 and run the chrome browser on it and like it very well. Speaking of Chrome I like the fact it tracks everything you do and so does Amazon. Getting e-mails and advertisements based on my browsing is cool. I see articles and products I would have over looked without it.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Quote from: CCP on October 30, 2011, 07:49:45 AM
Getting e-mails and advertisements based on my browsing is cool. I see articles and products I would have over looked without it.

:alscalls:  Thats called spyware.
Companies have been getting sued for hiding it in legitimate software since the 90's.
Rich says, "I like it" :doh2: :alscalls:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

CCP

QuoteCompanies have been getting sued for hiding it in legitimate software since the 90's.

yeap it does it in my FireFox browser and every browser on the market. I like Google in the fact they don't hide what thier doing and you can use it to your advantage.

Right now FireFox is seeing what I type and selling that data to others and there is nothing I can do about it or use. On the other hand Google is doing the same thing but I can use that data for myself also. If you log into the internet and think your hidden your wrong.

If I log into finsandfur from anywhere in the world through what ever ip or routing system I want and the government or hacker has me as a target they will know.

Maybe I just like the fact that if I  Google "Goats head caught in fence" it will also give be best prices on rubber boots in the side bar and Bacon-nuts contact info. :innocentwhistle:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Yotehntr

:alscalls:   :alscalls:   :alscalls:   That's just wrong!!!

FinsnFur

:doh2: :alscalls:
Keep in mind that no matter how appealing it may look. Google is NOT looking out for you. :nono:
They are on this earth to make money, lots of it, and as much as possible.
Do they charge you to use the search engine?  :nono:
Do they charge you to show ads you think you like based on the embedded spyware?  :nono:
Did you have to pay for access to use it? :nono:

They are using you to make them as much money as possible by giving you something that you think you like, which happens to be the key to your exploitation. :doh2:

They sell ads to people and to prove the effectiveness to the clients, they pay them by the number of clicks an ad takes. They depend on you to fall for it and keep clicking them. And they base what ads you see by your usage records and browsing history.

While that might sound all Hunky Dorey to the gullable, Do ya honestly think that it stops there? They have successfully managed to coheres you into letting them install spyware on your computer, and they are making money hand over fist tracking your every bowel movement and bank transaction.
SO can you imagine how much money they make selling 3rd party rights to the software they put on your machine? The right for others to collect and use the information you naively gave them permission to exploit?
Every wonder why your computer seems like it's getting slower and slower? :laf:
Tjats because over time your actually sharing your Internet connection and your computer with these people as they transmit the collected data back and forth. :alscalls:
All in a days work :innocentwhistle:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers