• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My 3 Day Ordeal With Gander Mountain

Started by zack.klan, February 03, 2017, 10:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zack.klan

So, I finally was able to order the .223 rifle that I've been waiting to get. I went into the store this past Wednesday. I placed the order in the store that way I would not have been charged the extra $25 they charge to ship a gun. Gander's website would let me get to the checkout page, submit the order, load a little bit to the next page, and then would come up with a note saying that they are currently experiencing "technical difficulties". We tried one more time and got the same note. The manager called into the website's customer service number to place the order. The order was finally placed after 15 minutes. I was waiting to receive an order confirmation email, but I never ended up getting one.

The next day on my lunch break, I called the customer service number to check on the status of my order. I just wanted to make sure that everything went through correctly. Some chick with horrible people skills answers the phone and says "Gander Mountain, What do you need?" I didn't expect that type of greeting. I told her that I wanted to check the status of my order due to the issues that we were having on Wednesday evening. She said that my ammo and my sling shipped but my gun was canceled off of my order. :doh2: I asked why it was canceled off. She said that she didn't have the slightest clue. She then transferred me over to the firearms guy that was working. He explained that the vendor that my gun was coming from was having inventory errors and they did not have my rifle in stock. I asked him why didn't the guy that placed my order tell me that? He asked if I wanted my rifle reordered and I kinda gave a smart remark saying, "Well I can't shoot the ammo I ordered if I don't get the gun I ordered."He placed a new order for me and said that I would have it by the end of next week. Not to be greedy, but I told him that the time for shipping was ridiculous. Being that they canceled my gun without telling me, I asked him what he could do to make up for the inconvenience? He said that he could ship the gun via UPS 2 Day Air. I figured that was good enough for me.

Here's where it gets interesting and confusing. It's now day 3, today, and something is just telling me to call the customer service once more just to make sure everything is good to go. The lady answered and I actually got a proper greeting. I explained what has been going on with my entire order and asked for an update. She says the order has been placed with the vendor and is shipping by UPS 2 Day Air. That is exactly what I wanted to here. She then crushed my hopes and dreams by saying the vendor may not ship it until the 9th. I replied back with a rhetorical question asking, "Then what is the point of having it shipped to the store in 2 days but it won't ship out until February 9th?" She said "That's just the way it is." I explained to her that at my job, I'm the one who is in charge of every single customer order that comes through our company, including drop shipping for vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers. If you guys didn't already know, I'm kind of a big deal here. :eyebrow: :laf: I told her that is not how shipping works with drop ships. If an expedited order gets placed, that order goes to the top of the line and shipped right away. Not 5 days later. She said that she couldn't control it and being that I do deal with drop ships, I could understand that being that they are not the ones technically shipping the item. About an hour later, I get a text from the receiving guy from Gander saying that my gun showed up. I called him to make sure it was mine. He rattled off everything and sure enough, it was my gun the day after the order was placed!!!! :congrats: I was jumping for joy right at that moment. I was even nice enough to call the customer service people back and let them know that the gun arrived. They were confused as to why and come to find out, the vendor was able to get the gun out the same day as they PO was placed and just over nighted it to the store. I went to Gander Mountain right after work to go get my gun! I get there, grab a few more things that I want to get, and start my paper work for the gun. I was half way through and stopped. I said that I should probably take the gun out of the box just to check it over. Wouldn't you know it, the $@#&%+~ stock was cracked :madd: :argh: :rolleye: I was hoping to sight it in tomorrow and do an evening coyote hunt but I guess not anymore. The manager returned the gun and ordered me a new one. I guess at least it was an easy solution but now I have to wait even longer for my new rifle. At Least I'll have the ammo and sling there too. :laf:
Zack

FinsnFur

That sucks. And that sounds very unprofessional of them, strange  :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Do like the Democrats and get out and protest, raise h---- , burn the building down get revenge.  :laf: :laf: :laf: :alscalls: :alscalls:

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 05, 2017, 12:43:18 AM
That sucks. And that sounds very unprofessional of them, strange  :huh:

What's strange about a box store being not the place to shop?
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

I have never actually seen a gander on a mountain either, they should change their name to Gander Slough!  :biggrin: :innocentwhistle:

zack.klan

I called this morning to get the status of my gun and at least it shipped. I'm hoping about mid-week, I'll be able to get it, clean the factory gunk off and possibly sight it in. Then hopefully next weekend Coulter and I will be able to get out after some coyote.
Zack

Coulter

Next weekend hell...I'm going this weekend :eyebrow: Okay, maybe next weekend too. Better get that new gun ready for LBL next year. You're gonna need it.

zack.klan

It should be here tomorrow!!! I'll have it ready by next weekend to go out. I'll definitely be ready for the LBL next year. :biggrin:
Zack