• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New flathead pb

Started by bigben, May 04, 2012, 07:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I weigh anything by putting a 2x4 across a stump then balancing the object im weighing on one end and then I one by one pile full Pabst blue ribbon beer cans on the other end til it balances out! :yoyo: :innocentwhistle: And it is trade certified, " Hey Jimbo Ill trade ya 2 of these PBR's for a cigar"......... :wink:

p.s. course everyone knows a weight can of pbr is 12 ounces right ?

Oldgreyfox

Quote from: bigben on August 05, 2013, 05:04:13 PM
Im sure your profile pic would be a trollish figure if youd post one. You say you dont care but you havent posted in any other thread so it sounds trollish to me. So be it. I admit it weighed 10lbs. Lol.  What a tool

There you go, call me a name and everything will be fine.  I didn't mean to rain on your parade, just asked why you could justify one scales reading and not the others.  I guess it was too difficult of a question.

bigben

So you waited from october 2011 to post about how my scale is wrong?  Again i only know of one type of person to do this is a troll.  Bill that aint you is it?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Oldgreyfox

Quote from: bigben on August 05, 2013, 07:10:59 PM
Id post sum pics and vid of a 55 lbr that should have smashed the pa record caught by sum cool guys in philly but they weighed it on a uncertified electronic scale. And we all know how inaccurate they are.  :eyebrownod:

http://seamoneyfishing.com/freshwater/83-2/

That backs up what I was saying.  If the scales haven't been calibrated and certified, it's just another fish.  If your cool boyfriends thought it "smashed" the record, they would have ran to some certified scales.  BUT THEY DIDN"T!! They BS'd you and you believed it.  Oh well, some can't be helped or enlightened. They might as well used the PBR's and 2x4 method.

Sorry I got your panties bunched up Ben.  Nice cat.

Oldgreyfox

Quote from: bigben on August 05, 2013, 07:36:42 PM
So you waited from october 2011 to post about how my scale is wrong?  Again i only know of one type of person to do this is a troll.  Bill that aint you is it?

Ben, I can't help it took you so long to post about your trust in a $30 scale that isn't legal for any trade.  Had you said something so stupid in 2011 I'd have jumped all over it!  That and I haven't visited the site for 2 years.

Ben, again, sorry about your panties.  If someone who questions your "reasoning" is a troll, so be it.

bigben

Bill its been too long. Hope you have been well.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Ahhh........a good 'ol dust up.  I haven't seen one on this board in a while.  Brings back memories.......   

:corn:

That really is a nice cat, Ben.    :congrats:

Okanagan

Quote from: Oldgreyfox on August 05, 2013, 07:33:33 PM
I didn't mean to rain on your parade,

Your comments indicate you meant exactly that.   Standard troll fare so far:  Provoke somone, deny what you are doing, accuse the other fellow of doing what you are doing, etc. 

I'd say it looks like a 45 lb cat to me, Ben!   Your scale was probably off on the low side.  :alscalls:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Oldgreyfox

Oldgreyfox,

You have received a warning for insulting  :alscalls: other users and/or staff members. Please cease these activities  :shrug: and abide by the forum rules  :bowingsmilie: otherwise we will take further action.

bigben

Dont you fish with 4man anymore greyfox?  He used to flathead fish all the time. For all our quarrels we had he was a heck of an outdoorsman. Anything that walked crawled or swam in his area he could catch it or hunt it.

bigben

Yeah its been a while semp. Been kinda quiet lately.

Okenagan. I dont know. I thought it was bigger then even 30 lbs but didnt want to make assumptions or assume that it was bigger. I have seen smaller fish be claimed that they were 40 plus. Whatever really dont matter to me. We'll call it 24 then so someone doesnt think im trying to pull one over on you guys.

Okanagan

Hey, we're just wanting an idea of how big critters are, not weighing out chemicals for explosives by the gram (as I have done).

Story with no reflection on your fish:  I rattled in a pretty fair whitetail in really thick timber and brush for a newbie who had never shot a deer.   I could see 15 yards and had put him in a slot downwind to see 30 yards at max, 15-20 most directions.  After his shot and some congratulations I asked how far the buck was from him when he shot, because I couldn't see it.  He said that it was at least 75 yards, maybe more.  I looked around at the tight cover and with a smile said, "I'll bet it was 125 yards."  From that day till this, the shot was 125 when he tells the story. :alscalls:

That's a humdinger of a fish and nobody can take the experience from you.

HaMeR

I think that big rascal is gonna weigh even more next year!! Purdy cool you let it swim off!! Heck it might even be a 125yder lb'er!!!!!!   :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

Ben-- If you scroll on down to my old post "Nice flathead" ,, you'll see a 20.2lb'er. That fish was weighed on a certified digital scale  at the baitshop that hosts the local catfish tournaments around here. I believe your fish may weigh even more than 24lbs.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11