• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Carp

Started by Rick223, August 26, 2006, 01:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick223

Im lookin to go carp fishing with my sons.
Any body know a good carp bait for the big ones?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Basshole

Whole Kernel sweet corn always seems to work well.

CCP

Butter milk biscuits in the can Have caught many carp with them
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Rick223

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

centerfire_223

The best thing I have found is a 32" piece of fiberglass with a muzzy tip attached to it.  :biggrin: As you can tell I am a diehard bowfisherman.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Rick223

:biggrin:
That would be fun too :yoyo:

centerfire_223

Rick of your ever interested in a bowfishing trip let me know. I have a bunch of friends that live in Wisconsin that bowfish. I am sure I can one of them to take you out fishing.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Rick223

Hey thanks I appreciate that Invite I might have to take ya up on that someday. :yoyo: :biggrin:

slagmaker

Whole kernel sweet corn soaked in grape coolaid. Works for me anyway. If you do the sweet corn thing try throwing out a few handfulls across your fishing area. Brings the big ones in to wehre you are fishing at
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

fuzz624

I have used sweet corn in the past,but never with grape coolaid.Ill have to give that a try.Thanks Slag.

FinsnFur

This whole Corn Koolaid thing....reminds me of plumbrich's reply to my beer batter recipe in the Betty Crocker forum.

Get his deep southern draw of an accent in your mind and then read this.....

Quote from: CCP on August 04, 2006, 02:22:18 PM

Made pancake mix and drank 3 beers now I am not hungry and need the three beers I put in the mix.
Can I drink the mix with the beers in it ? or do I cook and eat the beer ?

....have some paper towels handy  :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

fuzz624

Thats a good one Jim.Did you tell him to drink the batter because if he cooks it the alcahol will evaporate.Darn,couldnt emagine trying to drink the batter to get a buzz.He should of bought more beer.

frshwtr

use different flavors of jello, i'v found that different waters have the fish likeing different flavors; have used peach , apricote, and strawberry. didnt use the jello to flavor sweet corn but will try it. i'll list my favorite doughs.

mix 2 parts cornmeal (i use white corn meal) to one part all poupose flour, mix into 2 cups of cold water. in a sauce pan bring 1 cup of water to a boil, mix in one pack of whatever flavor jello you want to use. (i usually make 2 different flavors thats why the first part of reciepe gets divided in half) now take half of the cronmeal/flour mix and slowly add to the boiling water stirring constently; cook until dough is stiff and hard to stir, place dough on a plate and put in fridge until cool and then store in a zip lock baggie. i usualy keep on ice with my favorite beverage while fishing.

i buy a box of shredded wheat that has stacks of cakes (usually 3 in number)  with out opeining package crumble shredded wheat as fine as possiable without tearing pack. now take the top off package and fill with rootbeer; let soak for 3 to 5 minutes, pours this mess into your hands squessing the root beer out of the shredded wheat and keep squessinf and work the dough until it is firm and sticky. molds on a hook well and will even hold in a light current.

FinsnFur

Geez that sounds good enough to eat  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

cb223

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 16, 2007, 05:19:12 PM
Geez that sounds good enough to eat  :biggrin:

I made both of them up this afternoon, they were pretty good!!!
CHAD

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers