• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bowfishing

Started by CCP, July 22, 2006, 12:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Nice cat.
Rich, If ya go stop and pick me up, I'll buy the beer..... :biggrin:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

WOW! Cannon......She must have 30 pounds of eggs in her  :eyebrownod:
That is one honkin Cat
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Now that's a big catfish!  What is that? A Blue?   It's a biggun for sure.   :highclap:

CCP

QuoteRich come on up my way and I will put one of these on film for you.

Need driving directions headin out the door now. Oh I got to work tomorrow cant go :sad2:

Ronnie that is a nice cat!  I never shot or filmed one like that. I seen a few at the weigh in after a tourney one weighing 68 pounds.  I tell you what I would be grinnin ear to ear for sure to land one like that.

Dang good job Ronnie :highclap: hope to see some more pic's and hope to see you soon.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

ErictheRed

I finally got to go bowfishing for the first time this year.  It was a big let down.  We hardly saw anything. 

FinsnFur

Dont give up Eric  :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Jimmie in Ky

To get started Eric, I would recomend you look for oxbow lakes near the rivers in your area. If there are no oxbows then the larger creeks that drain into the rivers.  Look up a map of westrern Ky and look for Clarks river ,Mayfield Creek and Obion creek. All of these have good populations of gar, grinnel, carp and some large cats in them. I am sure there are some similar rivers and creeks in your area. I have shot some fairly large carp within a few miles of Mayfield Ky itself, the Mississippi is at least forty miles away at that point.

The water in these runs clear most of the time and it's pretty easy to see your targets. The closer to the rivers you get the better the chance of some large gar of several species. Jimmie

5 SHOTS

We got a bow for pee wee about 2 months ago and he got a little practice in his back yard. today I took him out to Lindsay reservoir and he got one  :congrats:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

M.DarianBarr

i love to bowfish almost as much as coyote hunting

FinsnFur

:roflmao: WOW!
Looks like it's taking about all you have to give...to hold that bad boy up. What'd it weigh?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

M.DarianBarr

the wifes camera keep screwing up i had already picked it up three differant times i think i was telling her to hurry up already or something along that line when she snaped the picture. the fish weighed just under 64lbs it was a dandy.here is another picture