• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

People

Started by pitw, February 12, 2010, 02:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

This post is about the people who make the LBL one of the most special events I have ever experienced :yoyo:.  I'll try and not leave anyone out that I met but I met a lot and being basically stupid, I failed to write everything down :doh2:. This event could not take place without every one who was involved and from the bottom of my heart I wish to thank you all for being you :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:.

5 Shots was the first I saw and a nicer man will be hard to find.  Easy going and a breeze to travel with other than his decision making[he let me make 5 and we got lost 5 times].  His knowledge of your interstate system is tremendous and without Art I would not have made it to the LBL.

Jim Champion was the next person I was to meet.  This man couldn't give directions to the door if you were standing in front of it :doh2:.  On the phone he says[after all the other twisted idea's], "My house has a tree in the yard".  So did every yard in that FnTown :puke:.  We went out for supper and then back to his place for a BS session and I can now say I have met an honorable man without a plan :innocentwhistle:.  To put it mildly I was impressed and I'm sorry about the cat.

First person I meet at wranglers is 16'2" high and three axe handles across, goes by the name of Weedwalker and my first comment was "Hope I ain't pissed you off".  Ed stuck out a paw that was only slightly bigger than the hams I'd been smoking and says "Nope" :whew:.  This guy is what I want all my kids to aspire too :wink:  kind, helpful and forgiving with a ready smile all the time.

Coyote 101 was there and people I can say that I have never met a politer man in my life :bowingsmilie:. Pat is as easy to get along with as your right hand.  He was showing us to the cabin and got lost and apologized :nono:.  The only bad word I heard him say the whole time about anybody was "nothing".  I noticed he got a bit of a chuckle out of the cousins cousins too.  He shared his cabin, food and stories. Only time I even seen him wrinkle his nose was when I removed my boots :innocentwhistle:.

Semp was my big concern and I'm truly grateful I didn't let fear and common sense rule my thinking on him[I wouldn't have came down had I listened to those two]. I'd  always wondered what Semper Fi had meant[I guess I could have googled it but I wanted to hear from the main source] and he told me that it was "Always Faithful"[I'll never, ever forget that moment in time :bowingsmilie:].  He lives by his code and honor is at the top of his list.  He has a problem though and that is his mischevious smile just before someone is to take a broadside :laf: :laf:.  Semp you were a big part in my wanting to come South and trust me you never disappointed one iota. The ProStaff hat looks good on ya :wink:.

Mallardsr, MMMMM MMMMMMMMM    MMM.  This fellow looked out for everyone and spent more time feeding hungry hunters than breathing.  His willingness to share a story was super magnificent just like his food :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:.  His turtle story kept me laughing for many miles on the way home and I suppose it probably was his fault they changed the law in his state.  He also explained how I could start some of the seeds from your trees so I can always have part of your country with me and for that I'll always be grateful.

CCP, what can I say that he hasn't already said :laf:. Richard's first words after we met were FnCountry and I started laughing and don't think I ever quit while listening to his wonderful stories.  This man has a mind that never quits and he talked to and made everyone feel special :yoyo:.  People would kill to do 1/100th of things he's done and his willingness to share the stories was tremendous.  Everyone wanted his time and I can understand why :biggrin:.  Now that I know what CCP stands for it doesn't mean I'll still not be watching any video's :iroll

linemansteve was an interesting chap as well and his telling of the quickest coyote stand in history was worth the price of admission.  

Raven42 was a nice young man who has a new baby cooking in the oven and to see the pride on his face when he told us was a breathe of fresh air.  Good luck on this one and I'm very happy to have shared some time with you.

Palegroe was[and is] one big boy who respect means a lot more to than most.  He both gives it and demands it as the thing to be done :yoyo:. On Saturday standing in line for supper I asked if I could have the honor of buying his supper, he looked at me and fear struck my heart but he siad,"seeing as you asked the way you did, yes I'll allow that" :whew:[Thought for a second there I may become a post that was going to get pounded in the ground].

257 Roberts made a special moment for me by coming over and shaking my hand, saying "I just had to do this" :highclap:

Yotehunter was as funny a man as there was there and a real pleasure to meet.  I don't think you could wipe the grin off his face with an Abomb :readthis:.  His willingness to chat was just tooooo cool.  I would think anyone would get busted on a stand with him unless a coyote wanted a chuckle too.

Wildwildwest I didn't get to know well but he certainly was a part of the LBL for me and I enjoyed listening to you.

Bills Custom Calls was really great to meet cause I talk to him on the phone.  The way he mother henned over Kurtis was a sight to behold :yoyo:.  I enjoyed our walk through the trees a lot and talking even more.  Your willingness to share knowledge will never be forgotten.

Kurtis was one cool young fellow who didn't ever cause a problem[couldn't say that about the grown ups :innocentwhistle:].  He did a great job at the drawing and in the tree's he was a willing learner as well as teacher.

HaMeR, now this is a fellow I was interested in and I can honestly say is a good man :biggrin:. His laughter was infectious and the love of signs he has will never be replaced :biggrin:.  Thanks for bringing my hog scraper and I'll let you know how it works in a couple weeks.  

Then ther was Topdawg  :laf:  I can't help but  :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf:  everytime his face comes to mind.  His story's were funny as [L] and he has many of them about a wide variety of topics.  Selfishness is as foreign to him as brains are to a politician.  Anyone who didn't laugh at or with him wasn't alive.

Straycat was perhaps my most cherished memory of a man.  He'd sit there on his haunches studying the crowd, listening and thinking.  The corners of his mouth would lift and the eyes would twinkle giving warning to a forth coming story[usually at someones expense].  I'll forever cherish the way he could say volumes with the simple word "a..right"[that poor Art had to listen to me trying to perfect all the way home] :laugh2:.  You can rest assured I'll never eat a green nut now :wink:.

Frogman couldn't be found without his camera and he is a polite fella who wanted to be friends with all.  Was a pleasure meeting you and chatting up a storm.

coyotehunter_1 appeared to have as much knowledge about coyotes as anyone I have ever met and shaking his left hand was a definite high point.  You could see the pain in his eyes so I know what coming to the LBL meant to him and we can all feel proud to know this man. :yoyo: :yoyo:

Bopeye was a thing to behold for a fact.  His height was a surprise to me as I pictured someone much shorter :innocentwhistle:.  It was easy to see that he was a favorite of the people and I didn't get to spend as much time talking with him as I might have wanted[just like everyone there].  

msmith I was looking forward to meeting with much anticipation because we have the farming thingy in common.  Shaking his hand and talking with him was pure enjoyment.  I now know that his family are in the best hands they could possibly be in :bowingsmilie:.   Laughter is a big part of Mike and he had me sharing that part many times.

kyfuzzyface was nice to meet as well and his smile was something to bring a grin to the head hangmans face.

Golfertrout was the one I chose to show me where to cast a line in the lake as he was the winner of the last fishing contest :innocentwhistle: and the way he laughed when I ended up at the Dixon cemetery[lost again] made for a very special moment.  He was also one of the few who actually wasn't afraid of a coyote as I watched him bear hug his while tying it up in front of the cabin. :roflmao:

Slagmaker was a treat to meat.  His cousins would be proud :roflmao:.  This fellow has a vast array of knowledge that most have forgotten about :sad:.  If you need anything you better be his size cause I got me a notion his shirt would come off so you could have one :yoyo:.  Looking forward to the scratch knife and my arthritis is cured thanks to the Buckeye. :wink:

kcb346 was a good person to share a cabin with.  This fellow has more gadgetry than inspector gadget ;yes;.  His desire to hunt was just to cool to witness and I'll always think of him fondly for staying at his end of the cabin and I never touched his feet :innocentwhistle:.  Easy to talk with and willing to show his wonders made for good times.  His taste in good food left a bit to be desired I might add :laf: :laf:.

FozzyBear was a surprise to all I'm sure and a man that knew things no one else might know[except slag].  He willing shared everything he had[snores were really something he could share :biggrin:].  It was my pleasure to shake his three fingered hand.

Jimmie in Ky was the last man I talked with before leaving and we blew it :doh2:.  We didn't get to a one on one until it was late on Sunday or we may have spent the whole time talking.  We have so much in common that it was unbelievable :wink:.  His knowledge of plants and animals is unsurpassed in any crowd :wink:.  I really enjoyed my time with this fellow and it was his fault I woke up my cabin mates late :argh:.

For any I missed I apologize and a quick post will set me straight[I now know how to edit :biggrin:].  This bunch of guys are as diverse as snow flakes and the common denominator I saw was courtesy :yoyo:.  I'm proud to call each and everyone a friend.  The way I was treated could not be better in any house of State in the world[probably a bad example but you know what I mean].  If any of you who can come across the border up here ever find yourself in my neck of the woods I'll make the promise that you'll be treated the same way in my house :biggrin:.  
That took a few hours :whew:.

I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

Sorry I missed it......Of corse I probably would have been skinning the coyotes..... :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Raven42

Barry you are one amazing person your self :bowingsmilie:. You can also give a great complament to or about some one, and I can tell its sincere :nono:. I have said this before and I will say it again, it was a true honer to meet you and I hope to cross paths with you again next year :wink:. Thanks for the laughs and the nice complements :laf:. I look fwd to keeping you informed on the baby yote hunter as well. I can also say I have a Canadian friend now too. :highclap:
Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. (Fred Bear)

Jimmie in Ky

Go ahead and blame it all on me. Ya coulda went to bed any time ya old goat  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

HaMeR

Thank You for the kind words Barry & you are Welcome. The pleasure of meeting you & listening to you was all mine. I appreciate you taking time away from your Family & joining us. I too now have fond memories of you & the others that were there.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

dog dropper

Dad hasn't stopped talking since he got home, and he hasn't said one bad word about you guys, which is pretty good because he can't go to town for coffee without saying something bad about someone.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!

Mallardsr

Barry, Thanks for taking the time to write that. It gives me a renewed appreciation for what I saw in these guys. It is sometimes easy to take it for granted. The LBL is special because of the many people that make it what it is. Thank you Barry for contributing to the experience. It was a banner year!  RP

slagmaker

Great meeting you as well Barry. Glad you enjoyed your trip to our Country and hope you come back in the near future.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Yotehntr

:yoyo: It was very good to meet you Barry!   :yoyo:  Best time I've had since last year!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Bopeye

Good Lord Barry!!! WTF you and Art think I was? A damn midget or something?  :doh2:  I'm 3/4's of inch taller than being an official midget, but you don't have to rub it in.  :laf:

The pleasure was all mine. You were exactly what I expected, but you got that mischievous look in your eye, which was always screaming at me, "Is he screwing with me or telling the truth"?  :laf:
I am glad I got to meet you, so now I have a lot better idea of what you are saying when you post on here. Glad you came down and hope you do so again.  :yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

WldWldWest

Barry,

To be honest Barry I didn't really know anyone on the Boards very well before LBL except the Yotehntr. I've been around awhile but mostly hung out in the shadow's and listened and tried to pick up on a little knowledge and such!

So being on the outside looking in I can tell you that you were well respected before you got there and even more so after you left! You were the highlight of every conversation I came across and everyone wanted there time with Barry and after meeting and talking with you as briefly as it was I felt the same way! I am honored to have left a enough of an impression for you to mention me on your thread, Thank you.

Hope to get the chance to know you better.

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Frogman

Barry,

I too enjoyed meeting you face to face!  I have to admit that you did not look anything like I expected??  But once I spent some time talking with you I couldn't imagine you any other way.  I really am in awe that you came so far to join us!!  I hope you make it back again soon.  Maybe you could bring Bob along next time!  I enjoy his posts too.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

kyfuzzyface

I was Proud to shake hands with you Barry and hope to see you and everybody else next year. :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap:

Hey I am doing like you told me (Post More)  :yoyo:
Fuzzy

pitw

Quote from: kyfuzzyface on February 16, 2010, 01:09:33 PM

Hey I am doing like you told me (Post More)  :yoyo:

:doh2: :doh2:  :roflmao: :roflmao:
I say what I think not think what I say.

golfertrout

Barry it was a pleasure meeting you and i enjoyed looking at trees with you :biggrin: :biggrin: you made the lbl a special event for me and others.  like to see you next year to :biggrin: Barry told me a story and i started laughing then he started laughing and soon my eyes were watering cause of laughter. it was good to see you smile and laugh like that :yoyo:

Jimmie in Ky

Next time he comesw we can get out the blue die and make him look more the part of Papa Smurf  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

JohnP

I have tried to not read the post about the LBL hunt because it makes me want to go to the next  one.  After reading this one I made a promise to myself that health permitting I'll be at the next one.  That is if'n you'll have me.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

I hope you can make it Mr. JohnP, it would be an honor to meet you.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Yotehntr

+1 from what Pat said!   :yoyo:  Heck ya we'll have ya!!!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HaMeR

I hope to be there too John. And if you show up I'll help you around anywhere you need to go.  :biggrin: We'll take good care of you for sure.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11