• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL Partners

Started by vvarmitr, December 10, 2006, 06:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotehunter_1

Hey, NewDog...
Welcome to FnF!  :biggrin:

I see from your profile you're in Murfreesboro. I attended a coyote hunt at Chapel Hill a few years ago ... good area... good coyote population too. Come on over and meet the LBL gang, I don't think you'll be dissapointed. 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on December 29, 2006, 01:06:29 PM
Anytime you run into somebody that say's he knows it all , you'd best just walk on by. I have been at this more years than I care to count anymore and I stilll see something diferent everytime out. I hope I keep having the good sense to question and think about what I see for a long time to come. I am still thinking about the success from the other day and why it may have been so good. It could have been just plain luck or the slight diference in the pitch of the calls used, from what is normally heard. I think maybe a good deal of both.

Even for the rank beginer, the campfire sessions alone are worth their weight in gold. I am not talking about the weapons and camo either. The skills of some of these guys with the calls are amazing. And they will work with you right there on the spot to help you get the rythem down for whatever sound you wish to try. There is more available to th new caller in one night than he can get in years of trial and error on his own.

I won't lie to you and tell you that you can kill one of these animals while you are there. Count your self very lucky if you manage to call one much less kill it. These animals have seen just about everything that has been done or come to light in the last few years of predator hunting. I was talking with Reggie this morning about some of the problems we have both encountered the last couple of years up there and what we could do about it. Like the old dog in the story, I know how he should have reacted and I know what he did . That is something to think about right there. These animals test the skills of any caller that tackles them. Jimmie

Amen to all that. Also if you get a chance, get Jimmie to demonstrate several of his calls for you and show you his Top Secret LBL map.......it will help you a bunch to determine how most of the coyotes are acting in the LBL.

The first year we hunted the LBL, Chet and I went up and met with Jimmie. He told us more in just a few short hours than we could have learned about the LBL with weeks of scouting.
Make sure you get with him or Mallard or even these other guys that hunt the LBL frequently............Knowing what the coyotes are doing there is a HUGE help.
Take care and we'll see ya there.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on December 30, 2006, 04:43:50 PM
Hey, NewDog...
Welcome to FnF!  :biggrin:

I see from your profile you're in Murfreesboro. I attended a coyote hunt at Chapel Hill a few years ago ... good area... good coyote population too. Come on over and meet the LBL gang, I don't think you'll be dissapointed. 

Yeah, I just moved here in July. I know very litlle about the area, and don't really have a place to hunt. I have a guy that has let me tag along with him deer hunting a few times. I am just having a hard time getting into it. I really want to be coyote hunting. Again, I don't have anywhere to go, and do not know how (thus the name NewDog). I am looking forward to getting to LBL to check it out. I heard it has really good hunting. Any rate I am looking forward to soaking all the info in like a sponge, and I assure you all that I will be grateful for any help you all can show me.

Thanks for putting up with me  :eyebrow:
Joe

Bopeye

Trust me Joe........if they put up with me, then you shouldn't have any problems.... :biggrin:

DirtyDog

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I was hoping to get some experience before the hunt so I was not totally green, but I just can not seem to get anyone to co operate....Argh..... :madd: (by the way, this is not a good depiction of me, I have no hair  :roflmao: )

Joe

KySongDog

Joe

There will be a few of us greenies there. Don't worry about it.

Semp

Jimmie in Ky

And I haven't quite made up my mind yet as to when I am going back. I had hoped to go thursday but rain is in the forecast. Not sure if I can do saturday yet . Boss has declared war on honey must do jobs , I am having a hell of a time getting motivated to get them done. Coyotes, screwdrivers, coyotes, jigsaw, Geesh! I am so torn between them all   :confused:

:eyebrow:Jimmie

Bopeye

Just do like I do Jimmie:

1. I go get my "big boy" britches on.
2. I go look in the mirror and practice my tough guy look.
3. I start stomping around the house like an ape in mating season.
4. I go out and kick my dogs just to let everyone know I am the "Alpha DAWG".
5. Now that I have my courage up.............I march in the house, slam the door (quietly),
   yell for my wife to come in the kitchen (I say please, of course), then I look her square
   in the eye and say, "Where would you like me to get started at, honey"?

Works for me........ :roflmao: ................Oh the rest of ya shut up........your hen pecked too.....there are varying degrees of this disease.
Besides, there ain't nothing wrong with being hen pecked if you like the hen that is doing the pecking........... :eyebrownod: :innocentwhistle:

Jimmie in Ky

I looked her right square in the eyes and said "Yes Ma'm"  Vanity is all in and no leaks. Took me a week to build the danged thing and more than a week waiting on each coat of the finishes to dry. Whew! But at least now I can do what I want. But school starts back on monday  :rolleye:  Dang , I wish I was a grown up   :iroll: Jimmie