• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Who says...

Started by Jrbhunter, July 16, 2008, 02:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrbhunter

.... beagle's can't swim?

This is my youngest- Coni.  She's by far the smartest beagle I've ever worked with!   Estrogen is running a little high around my house right now, Coni came in heat for the first time and triggered the entire kennell to start!   I'm heading 4 hours north on Friday with 3 dogs so they can spend a little time with my stud Baxter.  I guess in a few months the place will be crawling with cute/cuddly little poop machines.   :confused:

Silencer

:yoyo:  bring her to the duck blind  :thumb2:

Bopeye

What bloodline ya running JRB?  I use to have some Sock it to me, Northway, some Branko and then finally settled on Patch blood before I had enough. Fifteen beagles in the back yard pooping got to be too much to clean up after....... :eyebrownod:

A few of my dogs went on to become rabbit champions and even had one become a grand rabbit champion in Houston. She was tough, but loved to puke and crap in my dogbox. Couldn't stand that!!!  :madd: Didn't care how good of a rabbit dog she was...... :nofgr: Had to go.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jrbhunter

Right now everything in my kennell is Branko.  The pup shown is actually dual registered AKC & UKC out of Branko's stock of HeliProp - Vindicator and Witchhazel.  She's tied in there pretty good!   The others have Branko Sires and  Dame's out of Northern Indiana in Rockbottom Kennels.   I'm in the process of moving some dogs out and bringing in some new ones this winter... within 2 or 3 years I should really have something going here.

FinsnFur

Branko, Heliprop, Sock it to me, PatchBlood...sounds like the new line of Belgium Budweiser products. :shrug: :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 17, 2008, 06:19:42 PM
Branko, Heliprop, Sock it to me, PatchBlood...sounds like the new line of Belgium Budweiser products. :shrug: :biggrin:

:laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jrbhunter

Haha, I guess it does!

Speaking of Belgians- my newest best friend is a Belgian Malinois I named Drifter.   Pronounced (Mal-in-wah) the Belgian Malinois is almost strictly recognized for its use in police work on this side of the big pond.  A flexible learner and physically agile breed, the Malinois is a very effective narcotic/cadaver/rescue trailer as well as a personal protection and tactical takedown dog.

My first interaction with the Malinois was about 8 years ago, when our county sheriff brought on a pair for drug searches and began training them to "hit" suspects.   Fortunately I wasn't a suspect- but I did volunteer to be attacked by both dogs while they learned the commands and honed their skills at taking down suspects.

The training was a real blast despite a few foul-hits by the dogs and some minor bruising on my part the dogs did well and I came home alright.  The attack method of these dogs is very impressive- a combination of jaw pressure and violent thrashing keeps their teeth locked in your extremities until the release command is given or they see a better anchor point to grab you by.  They use their speed and agility to get a good angle on the suspect before hitting them- propelling themselves out and around their center of gravity after launch.  This leaves the suspect with 75 pounds of live-weight assisted by centripetal force- which very few men can withstand and remain on their feet.

Here are some pictures of my new partner:

Drifter perked up as my cell phone rings (coyotes howling):

Distracted by a distant neighbor:

Here is one of his creepy talents.  He can virtually move every muscle in his body but still maintain that motionless head- focused in this case on a treat in my hand.  I guess this probably comes in handy when trying to apply a bite on a moving object.

For all his toughness and intelligence, he's still a lovable family pet that needs a lot of attention.   I'm very surprised how well he's taken to us, and how quickly he quit whining about his missing family members!