Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Tailgate / Re: Ahd Nabit!! &$*#!
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 09:51:17 PM »
Almost done.
After witnessing the quality of the Shoe Goo, I'm pretty confident that that would have done the trick itself. The toes of the boots don't bend much during use anyways but this stuff seems to have worked very well regardless.
For further insurance and a smidge of cosmetic, I picked up some Flex Seal Flex tape. I still swear by that stuff. I've used it a couple different times and it is absolutely incredible.
I cut a piece to fit the conture of the boot the best I could and put it into place. That stuff is so damn sticky that once it adheres it's almost impossible to rub those wrinkles out, oh well. I feel like I just got myself a brand new pair of boots LOLvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Tailgate / Re: Ahd Nabit!! &$*#!
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 09:46:27 PM »
I picked up some Shoe Goo and sealed around the ripped edge next with a couple of coats.
That stuff is very impressive. I expected it to dry hard and risk cracking or splitting or coming off the shiny rubber. But it stuck very nice and is very flexible.
Im pretty impressed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Tailgate / Re: Weather reports from your area? Freezing rain here
« Last post by slagmaker on Yesterday at 08:48:10 PM »
-30°F that's a little way too cold for me.

We were not nearly that cold here. So cutting firewood turns into a real chore during a thaw.  Frost line here is hardly ever more than 16 inches.
« Last post by Hawks Feather on Yesterday at 08:46:50 PM »
I remember when I was a little kid in school they said we were all going to be switching over to the metric system, hasn't happened yet!

Yep.  We had to use metrics in physics in 1965 and were told that in a few years everyone in the U.S. would use it.  Then we were told it would be nationwide in 1970, 1980, 1990, etc.

Jerry
« Last post by nastygunz on Yesterday at 07:35:18 PM »
 I remember when I was a little kid in school they said we were all going to be switching over to the metric system, hasn't happened yet!
The Annual LBL Hunt / Re: 2018 attendance list
« Last post by riverboss on Yesterday at 05:43:50 AM »
It's looking more and more like spot and I will be they're.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

« Last post by pitw on Yesterday at 12:41:42 AM »
I try to talk to you guys in language we both understand.  I dislike the metric system we have as not everything is one way. :argh: 

-30 F

« Last post by slagmaker on January 18, 2018, 06:30:44 PM »
-30 would that be in celsius or Fahrenheit?
« Last post by pitw on January 18, 2018, 09:27:12 AM »
No better way to make ruts in a dirt road than during a winter thaw.

When the temps have been -30 most of the time the roads don't thaw.  They sure do cool the rain down in a hurry though. :laught17:  Talked to a fellow with a bed truck that had a banner couple days pulling other trucks up a hill west of here though. :yoyo:
« Last post by slagmaker on January 18, 2018, 02:30:43 AM »
No better way to make ruts in a dirt road than during a winter thaw.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10