• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I did it!! i caught a fox!!(pics)

Started by cathryn, November 08, 2009, 05:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

we dont have alot of them but i finally caught one.
its the first fox ive ever caught.

i caught this gray on a farm a literally got permission on a week ago.
when i looked it over there was a good bit of brushy cover and hoped there was a fox around.

yesterday while Jerry was miking a couple coon sets further back on the property i made 2 dirthole sets at the head of a trail, one on either side of it.

this is the result

keep in mind the fox might look a little small because i am a big girl,lol. :wink: :biggrin:
im glad to have caught it and im going to have it tanned and hang it on the wall with all the "firsts" i have caught.

heres a pic of the entire days catch, minus a little coon we set loose.

thansk for looking

Bills Custom Calls

Congrats on the fox

Looks like a really nice catch

Hows the fur on them
does it seem like a good heavy pelt
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

cathryn

the fur on the fox is dang good and the coon are nice as well.the possum are pretty good also.
theres one thats alittle flat i knowis gonna be blue but we trapped it at the local feed store and they want them all gone cause theyre getting into their feed.

if it had been caught somewhere else, wed have let it go.

Bills Custom Calls

The fox I had come to us on a deer stand sure looked very fluffy and full
Our fox season starts on Tuesday Hopefully he will be in my sights on next Saturday morning  :biggrin:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

alscalls

Congrats on the Fox!!   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:  Sounds like a good start to what is hopefully a Great year!c :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

weedwalker

Way to go Cathryn.  Congrats on your first fox. :congrats: :congrats: Looks like you made a good haul for your first night too. :yoyo:

pitw

Wow that's one more gray fox than I've caught. :yoyo:  They are sure pretty aren't they?  Oh yeah you also have 13 other critters there I haven't caught :readthis:.  Feeel proud you deserve too. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HuntnCarve

Looks like you folks are off to a great start Cathryn!  Great work!

iahntr

Right on !  :yoyo:
Congrats on your first fox Cathryn.  :congrats: :congrats:
Scott

KySongDog

Nice goin' there, Cathyrn.  Good lookin' fox!   :congrats:

Hawks Feather

Cathryn,

Congrats on the fox and the rest of your catch.  Are you selling your fur fresh or drying and holding them till later?

Jerry

coyote101

Very nice Cathryn.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations on the fox.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Sweeeeeet! Gray fox are tiny by nature anyway, but it's still an awesome catch, and your first makes it that much better. Congrats.  :congrats:

We have very few Grays up here, all Reds, which are a little bit bigger, but pretty well protected. By ranchers.  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Doesn't look like a bad opener to me.  :wink: A fox, some coons and a few grinners. Nicey done.  :congrats:

cathryn

thanks guys.

i was real excited when i came up on the ses and he was there. now i need a red .
where these sets are tyhe location is good for a red, gray or a bobcat. hopefully i have one of any of those tomorrow.
ill take anything but id really like a red.

we skin our catch, jerry feshes it(cept for rats and possum which i do) and i stretch the majority of the fur.
we dry it then ship it to NAFA in canada which is a auction house that handles wild and ranched fur.
usually the fur will be availabe for the May auction but wuth fur prices what they are right now we are gonna intentionally miss the deadline for the May sale so our fur wont be offered at the auction till next fall at the earliest.
we might bput a hold n it beyond that depending on how the market goes tween now and then.

Hidehunter

Grats on the fox.  Nice catch last night.  Only had time to set a couple traps Saturday but put a few more out today.  Did catch this last night.

Denver                                           

cathryn

thanks. i was thrilled to catch a fox.
ive been wanting to for a while but havent had the right location before now.
im gettin greedy and hoping for another one there tomorrow.

thats a nice looking coon, it has a real pretty color to it.
the ones we catch have got a yellow cats to them and grade4or 5s   for color clarity in canada and it hurts what the coon will sell for.

Good Luck tonight on your catch.

JohnP

Congratulations on your first gray, hope there are many more in the very near future. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

Congrats on the grey & the whole mess of critters you got there.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

cathryn

thanks     guy.

15 possum and 6 coon today. goin to skin