• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bens custom order

Started by bigben, January 17, 2007, 02:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

i was wonderin if some one could make me somethin like this.  call body is 2"long and around one inch in dia.  either put your tone board in it or I can make my own.  I am gonna try to turn some wood.  I know that THO has some on his site.  maybe I should buy some and try my hand at it.

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Todd Rahm

Ben thats kinda what I'm talking about except that the collar past the tone could be shortened, or hiddien int he call, or even covered to lose most of the production/plastic look.

You draw that Picaso Ben?  :biggrin:

AWSparrows

Ben,

I will make it for ya.
Do you want it to look just like that ??
What do you want it made out of ??

bigben

yes if you could Aaron.  it doesn't have to look exactly like that but close.  if you could make it out of that maple.  that wood is just amazin.  use one of your tone boards that you have allready.  no rush.  callin season is just about over anyhow.   

todd
I drew it up in solid works.  it is a 3d drafting program that I use at work all the time.  I can pick a variety of wood plastic camo whatever I want.  supposed to give you more of a idea of what the part is supposed to look like. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

AWSparrows

Ben,
I'll have it done tomorrow night,  :confused: or maybe tonight if I can sneak out in the shop after the kids are asleep. :wink:

I can't use that maple, its too wet yet.  Any other choices?
You want it 2" long without the voice?  1" diameter, OD or ID??

:wo: If your not doing anything tomorrow (or another time) and you feel like driving up here you can use my stuff and make it yourself.

bigben

maybe juniper would look nice also.  I was thinkin around 1/2 bore flared out to meet od  the od would be aroun 1" or 1 1/4"  do you pay pal?  as much as I would like to drive up and just watch schedule and funds along with a truck that I do not trust more then 50 miles from home.  forgot to tell ya that.  my truck has been givin me fits since the hunt up at daves camp.  somthin electrical.

AWSparrows

Yeah, I take paypal. I'll make it out of Juniper and send ya a pic, if you don't like it I'll try it with something else.
Do you want me to taper the mouth piece end right down to the diameter of the voice(.625), or taper down with a little "step"??

I have this in the lathe right now. I'm not sure what I turned it down to but I might be able to use this if you like.
Its Wenge with Cherry inlays.

bigben

it can have a little step.  but with them thar toneboards that you use it would be very small.  I would say no more then a 1/8" wall between where the od of the call is and where the od of the tone board is.  tell me where to send paypal and how much then.  if ya want pm me here or anywhere for that matter.  I believe that you got my email right?

AWSparrows

Yeah I have your e-mail.
Don't worry about it right now though.
I'll be on-line for a while if you want to go on team speak.
Let me know
Aaron

FinsnFur

I wanna know what the software's called that you drew that pic with Ben.  :shck:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

arron didn't see that you where on team speak.  went out fox hunting after my fx5 gave me the run around I was not happy.  tryed using foxpros fx series sound thing on their website because I found some sounds that I wanted and I wanted to rearrange them.  I have all my sounds in there respectable folders.  so I started double clicking on the sounds that I wanted in the order I wanted.  then sent em to the caller and it kept only doin the sounds that were is the folder that was opened.  after I figured it out then it was allready a hour past when I wanted to be hunting.  after all that I went to put the batts back into the call and one wire came off the conector.  went to the shop and solder it back on and go hunting.  did not see a eye.  set off some coyotes but no fox.  this year has been ruff for me.  the only place that I have been able to call fox is in the mountian.  even the reds are in the mountian know.  I guess the coyotes really got a hold on the fields.  damn mangy mutts.  just kiddin.  I knew there used to be a good bit o fox around here in years past.  but the last two years have been ruff trappin and huntin.

jim the software I used to draw that in is solid works.  it is a 3d drafting program that alot of big companys are starting to use.   it is very user friendly but unless you get a bootleg  :readthis: copy of it be advised it is alot of $$$$$$$.  of course I drew this up at work.  but I have another copy at home  :innocentwhistle: that did not cost so much $$$$$$$

AWSparrows

Ben,

Its Done!
Tell me if this is what you wanted. I made to the specs you gave me.
What do ya think. :eyebrow:

Thanks

bigben

me thinks I likes :yoyo: I b on team speak now.  let me know then where the paypal goes.  takereasy. 

bigben

by the way make sure you initial it and date it.  once again the call looks great  :yoyo:

CritterBuster

Aaron sweet lookN calll....  Ben you need that call like I need a broken bed at my camp :roflmao:

bigben

Todd Rahm

Darn I keep forgetting to check'r out when I get home. :madd:

bigben

what do you need to check out :confused: :shrug:

Todd Rahm

The picture of your finished call that Aaron posted. My work has a band width filter and it blocks out most picture hosting sites. Which means I have to wait until I get home to see it. I just forgot yesterday when I was home...........................

bigben

thats a shame.  the finsh on this call is suberb.  hopefully I will getr this afternoon.