• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Friends of NRA event

Started by Frogman, January 18, 2011, 04:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Here in Parkersburg, WV we held our Second Blennerhassett Friends of the NRA banquet on Oct. 30, 2010.  I thought I would share a few photos fom our event.

Above is a nice banner one of the local sign companies donated to us.

Above are some of the many prizes to be raffled off and won at various games. 

Above are our committee chairman and the NRA rep for WV conducting a drawing.

We had a great turnout for the event.  Looks like everyone is enjoying themselves!

This lady won the grand prize drawing for a Kimber Pro Carry .45!!  She was really happy!

I was fortunate enough to win the Iwo Jima sculpture in a silent auction drawing!

Friends of NRA events like this are held all over the US to raise money for the non-profit arm of the NRA.  Half the money we raised goes to national programs funded by the Friends.  Groups who wish to acces these funds on the national level write grants for shooting related programs.  The other 50% of the money raised stays in WV to support shooting sports here in WV.  We support the WVU Rifle team, the Eddie Eagle Gun Safety program for school kids, 4-H shooting programs, law enforcement needs, etc.  These local organizations also write grants to access the funds.

Friends of the NRA events are fun and a great way to support the shooting sports in your area.  Be on the lookout for a Friends of the NRA event near you!!

By the way, we raised $18,000 at our event.  A little better than last year!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

WOW!! You guys done a very nice job with that event Jim. You should all be Congratulated. And I agree that everybody was having a very good time.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11