• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The FnF Spring 2011 Wild Turkey Photo Contest

Started by coyotehunter_1, April 07, 2011, 08:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotehunter_1

The FnF Spring 2011 Wild Turkey Photo Contest

This year the contest will run from: April 7 till midnight June 1, 2011.

We’re going to have two categories this year, one for the best photographed wild Turkey “hero shot” and another for the biggest (beard & spurs) wild Turkey.
THIS THREAD IS FOR BEST TURKEY PHOTO ONLY.

Best Photograph

We’re going be looking for some serious awe factor here so post your ultimate hero shot, be creative. As backdrops you can use sunsets, natural settings, old buildings, etc. We’re talking desktop wall paper, folks.
The photo contest will be judged by our members, in the form of a poll/vote.
After the contest deadline we will allow seven (7) days for the poll/vote to run so every member (Reg status or above) gets a chance to vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To enter:

* Participants can be any age but all must be of at least Reg. Member status to be eligible to enter the contests or to vote. That means 25 posts under your belt.

* All entries MUST be posted in this thread.

* All submitted photos must have something in the picture that says Fins and Fur and the date taken. Write it on your shirt, your forehead, write it in the dirt, on a piece of paper...it doesn't matter but it must be in the picture.

**Special Note:  Since the photo contest was started late there will be an exception made this year… any reg. member that has already posted a picture of their turkey, here on FnF, before or on April 7th will be eligible to enter the best photo contest without a FnF sign and date being in their photo. Even though a picture of their turkey is posted elsewhere to enter the photo contest they must re-post it in this thread.

* To avoid confusion: Only one (1) Wild Turkey can be entered per person.

* One person cannot win both the Biggest Turkey and Best Turkey Photo categories so please choose which contest you want to enter. Best photo will be voted on by our members. The biggest Turkey will pretty much be self decisive by the measurements.

Remember, to enter you must post a snapshot in this thread showing you and your fowl. To make it more interesting a short hunt report would be nice but not required.
Prize: The winner of this category will receive $100.00 USD.

A special thanks to all who donated for the contests and for those that entered…thank you for your participation.

Have fun and good hunting from FnF.

Edit: No contest rules have been changed. I did make a few minor word adjustments, hopefully this will make it easier to understand.
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

markTNhunter

:confused: missed this thread some how done got myne plucked and half eat

coyotehunter_1

Mark, we just put the contest up but it looks like you did miss this part.  :wink:

* All submitted photos must have something in the picture that says Fins and Fur and the date taken. Write it on your shirt, your forehead, write it in the dirt, on a piece of paper...it doesn't matter but it must be in the picture.

Since the photo contest was started late there will be an exception made this year… any reg. member that has already posted a picture of their turkey, here on FnF, before or on April 7th will be eligible to enter the best photo contest without a FnF sign and date being in their photo. Even though a picture of their turkey is posted elsewhere to enter the photo contest they must re-post it in this thread.

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

shaddragger

:confused: What if your picture doesn't have FNF in it and nobody else posts one? Can that pic still win? I couldn't find ANYTHING in the truck to write with.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

coyotehunter_1

shaddragger,

Congrats on your turkey  :highclap:

This year if you killed your turkey and posted a picture of it here at FnF on or before April 7 then yes you can enter the photo contest without the FnF sign and date. By the contest rules and to be fair to all, any entries made after April 7 (unless you had previously posted your kill) will need something in the photo showing the letters FnF and date killed to be eligible to enter the contests, sorry.

P.S. Anyone having questions about the rules or the contests please feel free to pm me, I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
Chet

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Here is my entry in the FnF 2011 Wild Turkey Photo Contest:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

lacie23

Hello, today was our youth turkey hunt. We woke up at 4:30 AM and it was pouring rain. Daddy ( bambam)  said he has had good luck hunting in the rain so we got ready and went to our friend Kenny's farm. By the time we got there, it had stopped raining but was cold and really foggy.
  Just as it started to get daylight, we heard a gobble !!  We went to the edge of a small field and set up in an old blind. One side of the roof was starting to fall down but at least we were in the dry.

Daddy called a couple of times and the gobbler answered and sounded like he was coming closer. Then he stopped gobbling so Daddy quit calling. It wasn't long before he said "There's a turkey " !!  I looked and saw a hen walking along the edge of the field, then we saw a gobbler out in the woods. He was strutting !!  He went behind a big tree and we couldn't see him again. I thought sure he had left but Daddy said he would come back. We waited for what seemed like forever but was really maybe only 15 minutes.

Suddenly Daddy said " Don't move, he's right here" ! The gobbler had sneaked in right beside us ! I couldn't see him because of a big tree but Daddy said he was strutting. He finally moved out to where I could see him but then Daddy couldn't see him. I asked if I could shoot and he said " as soon as you have a clear shot" .  I shot and he dropped straight down !! 

He started to flop and Daddy tore out of the blind and grabbed him. After a lot of hugs and high fives we took some pictures and went back to show Kenny. He was happy too and took pictures.   My turkey was 22 pounds, had a 9 1/2 inch beard, and both spurs were 3/4 of an inch. It was a GREAT day !! 

Please enter me in the contest. Thanks !!!!

coyotehunter_1

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Dave

Lacie, that's incredible!  Congrats on a big trophy tom!  And good job on not backing out because of the weather.  :yoyo:  :yoyo:

Edited to include an atta boy to Pat!
Congrats to you, 101.  No story, though?  or the measurements?  Looks like a nice bird, and I'm sure it was exciting.  Our season opens next Sat.

coyote101

Quote from: Dave on April 23, 2011, 06:15:22 PM
Edited to include an atta boy to Pat!
Congrats to you, 101.  No story, though?  or the measurements?  Looks like a nice bird, and I'm sure it was exciting.  Our season opens next Sat.

Dave,
Here is the link:
http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?topic=14458.0

Pat
NRA Life Member

Hawks Feather

Lacie,

Congratulations on the BIG bird.  I am sure that both of you were surprised when he snuck up on you. 

Jerry

weedwalker

CONGRADULATIONS Lacie !!! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: That's a very nice bird and a great story. :yoyo: :yoyo:

KySongDog

Congrats, Lacie!!    :congrats:  That was a nice bird! 

HuntnCarve

Well done young lady!  That sure is a fine looking gobbler!  Congratulations on a great hunt.  I know your dad will remember it for a long, long time. :congrats:

Dave

FinsnFur

Nice job Lacie :yoyo:
Started out the day with some crappy weather and you were probably thinking, " geez it would sure be nice to be home where it's warm and dry". :eyebrownod:

knock knock
whos there
orange
orange who
orange you glad you didnt? :laf:

Nicely written story too :wink: Thanks for sharing it with us.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

lacie23

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

nailbender