• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

snapper fishing

Started by bigben, July 18, 2011, 09:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

A friend came up and showed me how to set lines for turtles.  I ended up catching 4 turtles this past weekend.  A 28lbr a 20lbr and two 11 lbrs.  hopin to make soup.  anyone got any good recipes?  they are currently sitting in 55 gal drums with water to flush em out. 

pics of the two big ones. 

the 28lbr.  you can see the 11lbr on the ground beside me. 

the 20lbr
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Yotehntr

No recipe's but I always heard if you take your finger and rub 'em behind their ears they'll crawl right out of their shell for you.  :biggrin:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

bigben

I'll rub em all right.  but it'll be with a hatchet.   :laf:
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

topdawg

i dont have a soup recipe but i have had it fried and loved it
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

bigben

I hear it is good fried.  just haven't tried it yet. 

5 SHOTS

We used to roll it in flour, brown it good, then dump it in a roaster with cream of mushroom soup. I will try to get the exact recipe for you if I can catch of my brother.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

bigben

thanks id appreciate it 5 shots

Yotehntr

:laf: Now what kinda fun is a hatchet?... Just think of the stories!  :alscalls:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

bigben

I like my fingers.  I tried cutting them off once.  and it was painful then.  having something knawin on it don't sound much better.