• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

topdawgs trap shed/traps

Started by topdawg, October 28, 2012, 10:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

Around here the ice don't really ever get thick enough to walk on

So for us it's a boat with a mud motor or chest waders waking around in knee mud and chest deep water
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Hidehunter

Dont know how Iv been missing this post.  That is one sweeeeeet setup ya got there.  I think Im gonna put a little line out this year.  It will be after rifle season though and its just in one more week.
Denver                                           

topdawg

here is the shed update

few beaver

close to a 100 rats, a bobcat of my buddies a few coons and my first otter and mink

my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Dave

FinsnFur

SWEEEEEEEEEET!
I cant believe you still do beavers like that, but they look beautiful :yoyo:
When I was tanning I fell in love with the beaver hoop and hog ring method, mannnn I could fly through those after a while.

What are you getting for rats? I was tellin Denver in another post my brother is averaging $10 a pop up here. Thats incredible and it's all thanks to the mink ranches failing across the nation. The furriers are substituting with muskrat.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

topdawg

i think they av. 8.00 at the may auction in Canada last year... i would like to see 10+ for my good rats

as far as the hoop and ringing beaver..boards and nails are faster for me

nastygunz

Very cool..and alot of work!..I been saying I'm gunna trap a fisher cat for a few years....I think I'm getting inspired !

topdawg

from what i heard i think china is the big rat buyer,,they are lining shoes with the belly fur of the rats

they sell us Nike's and they are walking around in fur lined shoes  :confused: