• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2015 Trail Cam's

Started by FOsteology, July 05, 2015, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

I think I'm just going to do a Euro mount. Need to find a tape measure so I can see what he scores.

HaMeR

Yeah he's a goodun FOs!! Congratulations!!   :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

Heck of a buck FOs!  Nice shootin!

Dave

FOsteology

I had dropped my oldest boy off at his blind and was on my way to set up under some trees along a big pasture when I spotted him 240ish yards away chasing a doe. Just had time to throw up the Kimber Montana .270WSM

He dropped at the shot. I had absolutely no clue it was the drop-tine buck, as with my eyes I could only tell that it was a good legal buck. To say I was surprised and tickled when I found out which buck I had dropped would be an understatement.

I've been hunting for him since archery season. Haven't seen him, nor captured on camera since two days after archery season opened. Figured he had moved on as bucks tend to do when hunting season and rut kick off.

He was approx. 1/2 mile away from where I had been getting pictures of him on trail cam since the summer.

Just pure luck.... right place at right time.

coyote101

WOW! that is a beauty.  :yoyo: Congratulations FOs on a great shot and a beautiful trophy.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Dave

WOW Fos!!! 
Absolutely beautiful buck - glad it all came together for you. 
Congrats!!!

FinsnFur

You stalked him for quite a while :laf: STALKER!
It all paid off.  Nicely done for sure  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dale

Quote from: FOsteology on November 15, 2015, 01:43:26 PM
I had dropped my oldest boy off at his blind and was on my way to set up under some trees along a big pasture when I spotted him 240ish yards away chasing a doe. Just had time to throw up the Kimber Montana .270WSM

He dropped at the shot. I had absolutely no clue it was the drop-tine buck, as with my eyes I could only tell that it was a good legal buck. To say I was surprised and tickled when I found out which buck I had dropped would be an understatement.

I've been hunting for him since archery season. Haven't seen him, nor captured on camera since two days after archery season opened. Figured he had moved on as bucks tend to do when hunting season and rut kick off.

He was approx. 1/2 mile away from where I had been getting pictures of him on trail cam since the summer.

Just pure luck.... right place at right time.

WOW...  240  yards reared up on yer hind legs and no rest... that is quite impressive... 

no photo is appearing on this post for the deer but I went to your page and traced it down...

that is one good looking deer, will make a fine European mount...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Dale

ok what's going on here?... only the 2nd page showed up till I made the last post then it showed up as page 2... looking at that rack, with the drop tine will you have room to do a Euro mount?... looks like it may be real close to the plaque...

hey did you run into the badger lately?...  :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

code

"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

Okanagan

What a buck!

Decisive skill met luck and opportunity.

FOsteology

Roughed scored him 136 1/4

Drop was 5 5/8

FinsnFur

Thats not shabby. Whats minimum for a NT? 155?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FOsteology

HuntnCarve

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Guess that blows my guess of "No Trophy". :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FOsteology

Dunno, as I've never cared much for "record books". It's "trophy" enough in my book!  :biggrin:

pitw

Quote from: FOsteology on November 27, 2015, 01:22:03 AM
Dunno, as I've never cared much for "record books". It's "trophy" enough in my book!  :biggrin:

Trophy is how one looks at it.  I shoot 97% antlerless :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Quote from: FOsteology on November 27, 2015, 01:22:03 AM

I agree. I just thought you were comparing it since you scored it. It's a dandy deer without the antlers either way :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers