• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

side by side and coyotes ???

Started by Frogman, November 02, 2016, 02:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I recently got a side by side 4 wheeler.  First one for me.  I am just wondering how the coyotes respond to them.  I f I ride the scooter up on the ridge and set up to call a little ways away from it do you guys think the coyotes will come in or will it spook them away?? 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Coulter

Now why did I think you were referring to a side by side shotgun :confused: Must be the duck hunter in me...

JohnP

Jim, the boss says;
" Have no fear, had a good friend with a side by side hunted/called with him many times.  Got into areas that we never could before, just hide it best you can, walk a short or long distance from it and start calling." 

So says the boss.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Better listen to the Boss.  He knows. :yoyo:

Some callers have speakers set up on their trucks to call in critters, though usually that is done at night.   I have parked my vehicles within 30-50 yards of where I called sometimes and had coyotes come in.  Hide it behind a hill, cutbank or thicket as much as you can is all I would do. 

centerfire_223

No different than driving a truck. Beside if they are like deer they see and hear so many of those things in the summer, they don't even pay any attention to them.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

riverboss

I don't think you have anything to worry about Jim!
But if you have trouble just send it up to me, I'm sure it will work great for fishing on these farm ponds around here.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

JohnP

Quote from: Okanagan on November 02, 2016, 11:18:38 PM
Better listen to the Boss.  He knows. :yoyo:

Some callers have speakers set up on their trucks to call in critters, though usually that is done at night.   I have parked my vehicles within 30-50 yards of where I called sometimes and had coyotes come in.  Hide it behind a hill, cutbank or thicket as much as you can is all I would do.

Had a good friend who had a speaker mounted on the grill of his truck.  One morning while having the caller running and enjoying a smoke and cup of coffee had a lion appear about thirty yards in front of the truck.  That was years ago and before calling became so popular. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs