• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Winter Moose Hunt

Started by Tikaani, November 25, 2016, 11:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

A little light on snow up here this year. Got out Saturday and shot a fat cow moose. Butchered on Thanksgiving Day, which was appropriate. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Tikaani

Tikaani

Thanksgiving Day in Alaska. Finishing up butchering.

Coulter

Nice going...Now that's a Thanksgiving meal right there. Mmmmm good! Congrats sir!

nastygunz

Cool pix!  Could you tell me a little about that blue sled that you're hauling the moose in? Never seen one like that before.

Tikaani

They are made in Fairbanks Alaska by Northern Sled Works. The sled is made of 1/4" UHMW and the tongue out of 1/2". this model is the 10' Cross Fox. I have modified mine with side braces that hold dividers that slide to adjust for different equipment according to what I will be doing.

John

Hawks Feather

John,

Congratulations on the moose.  I am thinking that it will help out this winter when the cold winds blow.  When you finish your processing about how much meat will you get from a moose?

Jerry

nastygunz

That's exactly what I was thinking of one for icefishing!

Tikaani

Jerry,
This cow gave us almost 200 lbs of burger, 35 lbs of cube steaks and a few roasts.

John

Okanagan

Quote from: Tikaani on November 25, 2016, 06:13:20 PM
They are made in Fairbanks Alaska by Northern Sled Works. The sled is made of 1/4" UHMW and the tongue out of 1/2". this model is the 10' Cross Fox. I have modified mine with side braces that hold dividers that slide to adjust for different equipment according to what I will be doing.

John

Rode in one very similar, though more beat up.  A friend came on his snow machine pulling a sled when he picked me up at the airport for a fly-in Alaska village where more people run snow machines in winter than any other vehicles.  I sat on my travel bag and bumped along in his sled behind the snow machine along with a bag of groceries we stopped to pick up at the village store. 

Congrats on the moose.  Mighty good eating.

coyote101

Congrats on the moose John.  :congrats: Thanks for sharing the pics.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

John, congrats on the moose.  Just got back from upstate hunting and saw this.  I showed my wife the processing photo with Diane.  It's just like we do only on a much smaller basis.  We make do with a few whitetails.  You have been having a good year!  Your freezer should be filled in time for Winter.  Way to go!

Dave

FinsnFur

Thanks for that John :congrats: Happy Thanksgiving to you and Diane
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com