• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Shameful

Started by coyote101, September 24, 2017, 10:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I think you may be wrong about Bud.  I'll post a couple of e-mails that I have going between Bud and myself.  The last one closing with it may be "Miller Time."
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Anheuser-Busch hasnt actually shown a public reaction yet have they? Everything I find says the rumors about them pulling out of the NFL are just that. :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

I didn't save the first e-mail I sent Anheuser-Busch aka Bud but should have.  It said that I was disgusted in what was going on with the disrespect with the flag not standing, etc and the support bud was was giving the nfl through commercial dollars this was their replay.

John,

Thank you for your email, we always appreciate feedback from our consumers and take your concerns seriously.

At Anheuser-Busch we have a long heritage of supporting the institutions and values that have made America so strong. That includes our armed forces and the national anthem as well as diversity, equality and freedom of speech.  We proudly employ over 1,100 military veterans and we work every day to create an inclusive environment for all of our employees. 

Anheuser-Busch has many long-term sports partnerships, including our NFL sponsorship, and while we may not agree on everything, we still believe in the power of sport to bring people together and overcome their differences.

We understand your concerns and will convey them to the NFL.

Thank you,

Anheuser-Busch

This is my reply:

This is in response to an e-mail I received earlier today from your company in regards to an email I sent expressing my displeasure in your support of the NFL.  Your reply was nothing but a stock answer and could have been written by any number of today's politicians. You can do better.  Anheuser-Busch and so many others are missing the point on this issue.  This has nothing to do with diversity, equality and freedom of speech.  It is about standing and respecting the flag, can you get that through to the leadership at Anheuser-Busch.  No more Bud in this house - It's Miller Time!

As of this morning (30Sep) no reply from my former friends at anheuser-busch, no capitalization on purpose.

Hawks Feather

"Anheuser-Busch has many long-term sports partnerships, including our NFL sponsorship, and while we may not agree on everything, we still believe in the power of sport to bring people together and overcome their differences."

It might just be me, but I read that as: We have invested LOTS of money in the NFL, are making money with our NFL sponsorship, and will continue it as long as we are. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

Yah I took it that way too Jerry :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

I read it as next year there will be another 15 million 21 year olds in the USA so a couple thousand customers won't be missed til then.  :rolleye: :rolleye:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Quote from: HaMeR on October 07, 2017, 10:53:31 AM
I read it as next year there will be another 15 million 21 year olds in the USA so a couple thousand customers won't be missed til then.  :rolleye: :rolleye:

"It might just be me, but I read that as: We have invested LOTS of money in the NFL, are making money with our NFL sponsorship, and will continue it as long as we are. 
Jerry"

No doubt you are both right but as the old saying goes "A man gotta do what a man gotta do."  I have not and will not watch another pro-football game as long as I live.  If they cannot stand for the flag which I and my dad and two uncles fought for then they can kiss my red, white and blue ass. 

Hawks Feather

John,

My wife and I were talking about the NFL when we went out to eat this morning after church and we both have the same feeling.  As much as we have enjoyed watching games in the past, we are getting along fine without watching and don't see any reason to change.  Had the NFL cracked down when the disrespect started I would still be watching.  But since they want to keep making the disrespectful liberals happy this conservative doesn't need them. 

Jerry

riverboss

You guys make me proud to be an American!
Football is dead to me also.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

MI VHNTR

nfl = national felon league. Their garbage hasn't been on in my home for years and it will not be on in the future. This latest bullsh*t from them will make sure that I won't watch them again. Piss on the communist idiots.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

FinsnFur

There's an article out saying that Vice President Pence walked out on his home state game today (Indianapolis Colts) because the opposing the team knelt during the national anthem.
He even twitted the reason he walked afterwards.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

Yeah pence walking out has the whole state a buzzing. Some say it is a PR stunt others are backing his decision.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

JohnP

NFL’s Most Iconic Sponsor Prepares To Cancel Over Anthem Protestsâ€"They Want Your Input

I know I’m not the only one furious over the current trend of NFL players protesting the National Anthem.These entitled, spoiled playersâ€"who are paid much better than most of usâ€"have the audacity to insult our country. To make matters worse, the cowardly leadership of the NFL refuses to put a stop to it.

But this is America and the people have the final say. And we are happy to report that one of the NFL biggest sponsors is considering pulling their sponsorship from the league. But they’re looking for your opinion.

From The Federalist Papers:

Bud Light’s brand parent company Anheuser-Busch â€" one of the NFL’s biggest sponsors â€" is rethinking their NFL sponsorship, and they want your input.

The NFL player protests of the National Anthem have backfired in a major way on the league. It has seen sponsors pull out, ratings decline and teams play in front of practically empty stadiums.

In the wake of increased national anthem protests, Anheuser-Busch is reconsidering their NFL sponsorship, likely because the protests are very unpopular among everyday Americans. Bud Light currently serves as the official beer of the NFL…

The company set up a hotline for fans to call and give their thoughts about the protests and Anheuser-Busch’s sponsorship of the NFL. The number for the hotline is: 1-800-342-5283.

Hmm. Should you go ahead and call that number to let Bud Light just how you feel about the protests? Of course you should! If they get enough feedback from actual viewers and customers, they will make a decision.

Bud Light is one of the biggest brands connected to the NFL. It’s more than just an advertiser, but a part of the game.

If Bud Light pulls their ads, then the NFL will lose a huge chunk of cash. That just might encourage the NFL to put a stop to these ridiculous protests.

Now, we’re not unreasonable. It’s perfectly acceptable for an athlete to have an opinion. I think we can all agree on that. But during that anthem, we all stand to show our support for our country. Nowhere can those men enjoy the kind of lives they have right now. Nowhere.

They can express their thoughts at any other time. To do it during the National Anthem? That’s an insult to all the men and women who fought to make this country great.

I think a few phone calls to Anheuser-Busch is not too much to ask!

Source: The Federalist Papers

coyote101

Quote from: JohnP on October 10, 2017, 11:25:03 PM
NFL’s Most Iconic Sponsor Prepares To Cancel Over Anthem Protestsâ€"They Want Your Input

I know I’m not the only one furious over the current trend of NFL players protesting the National Anthem.These entitled, spoiled playersâ€"who are paid much better than most of usâ€"have the audacity to insult our country. To make matters worse, the cowardly leadership of the NFL refuses to put a stop to it.

But this is America and the people have the final say. And we are happy to report that one of the NFL biggest sponsors is considering pulling their sponsorship from the league. But they’re looking for your opinion.

The company set up a hotline for fans to call and give their thoughts about the protests and Anheuser-Busch’s sponsorship of the NFL. The number for the hotline is: 1-800-342-5283.

I think a few phone calls to Anheuser-Busch is not too much to ask!

I called and let them know where I stand.  :mad3:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Todd Rahm

The way I was raised, any disrespect to the county, the flag or the anthem were all forms of treason.

The guy that started this kneeling, did it as a protest over the Ferguson shooting, allegedly. Coincidentally, he wasn't starting because of declined production, but he decided it was conveniently racily motivated. His kneeling was simply agenda driven, in the fact he was trying to rally his social media fans to support him. He cares as much for the black gang banging thug that got shot down, as much as I would care about some white trash meth head in a wife beater getting shot down by a cop. If a cop shoots you, you were probably not complying.  :shrug:

Two things I get from this are.

1. Those that are crying racism, generally don't want anything fixed, they are just satisfied with being wedges and antagonist to the problems. (In large numbers, they are the racist)
2. If the NFL players want to protest, why don't they just boycott or sit out the games instead of disrespecting the country as a whole. (because it effects their bank accounts, and that would not be fair. :iroll: This alone adds credit to the fact that they are not doing it for the right reasons.)

HaMeR

Quote1. Those that are crying racism, generally don't want anything fixed, they are just satisfied with being wedges and antagonist to the problems. (In large numbers, they are the racist)

Spot on Todd!!

And they are just media whores pining for any scrap of attention.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11