• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Weather reports from your area? Freezing rain here

Started by Okanagan, December 28, 2017, 12:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

It appears that some snow might be coming our way on Friday/Saturday.  Probably others as well.

Jerry

slagmaker

Right Now outside It Is As Cold As A Mother In Laws love.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

Woke up to the sound of rain coming down :sick2:, which translates into, skating rink so big that guys on breakaways may die of starvation before getting home. :pout: 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on January 17, 2018, 08:15:35 AM
Woke up to the sound of rain coming down :sick2:, which translates into, skating rink so big that guys on breakaways may die of starvation before getting home. :pout:

Rain?!  In your country in January?!  Very bad. 

When I lived in cold country, once everything froze solid in the snow we didn't want it to ever warm up till spring.  Snow was OK but any thaw or rain this time of year was going to freeze solid again, usually harder to work with than snow. 

We are back to our normal winter rain, though colder than usual at 42 F this morning.

nastygunz

We got about 6 inches of light fluffy snow, barely noticeable in the crucible of the frozen northeast👍🇺🇸

slagmaker

It flurried on and off all day here. Made it up to 18°F for the high but we're back down to 9°F right now. Supposed to get to the 50s this weekend with rain

FinsnFur

You musta just got the one that passed through here the other day Nasty. It dumped 5 inches on us.
Subzero mornings around here lately (i love it)...and then teens during the day. Now next week looks like mid to upper 20's again.
Wow what a roller coaster.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

I ent out just to see how bad it were and it wasn't as bad as expected, not good but liveable.  Coolest part is it sounds like all the vehicles are driving on bubble rap. :laught17:  Mail truck didn't make it today as he hit the ditch and then got hit by a tanker.    :doh2: 

slagmaker

No better way to make ruts in a dirt road than during a winter thaw.

pitw

Quote from: slagmaker on January 18, 2018, 02:30:43 AM
No better way to make ruts in a dirt road than during a winter thaw.

When the temps have been -30 most of the time the roads don't thaw.  They sure do cool the rain down in a hurry though. :laught17:  Talked to a fellow with a bed truck that had a banner couple days pulling other trucks up a hill west of here though. :yoyo:

slagmaker

pitw

I try to talk to you guys in language we both understand.  I dislike the metric system we have as not everything is one way. :argh: 

-30 F

nastygunz

I remember when I was a little kid in school they said we were all going to be switching over to the metric system, hasn't happened yet!

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on January 19, 2018, 07:35:18 PM
I remember when I was a little kid in school they said we were all going to be switching over to the metric system, hasn't happened yet!

Yep.  We had to use metrics in physics in 1965 and were told that in a few years everyone in the U.S. would use it.  Then we were told it would be nationwide in 1970, 1980, 1990, etc.

Jerry

slagmaker

-30°F that's a little way too cold for me.

We were not nearly that cold here. So cutting firewood turns into a real chore during a thaw.  Frost line here is hardly ever more than 16 inches.

pitw

When we put in water lines they are 8 foot down as others have found 6 foot doesn't work every year. :doh2:  It has gotten up to 33F the last couple days which allowed the highways to dry off but man are the back roads slick. :puke:

slagmaker

8 foot! Good lord!

It gets too cold where you live. Makes me appreciate the fact we don't have to deal with the Temps you deal with.

pitw