• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What do you use?

Started by awh, September 10, 2007, 08:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Me and Cam lack the stretchers and fleshing beam in being ready for the season this year. I've looked at several designs on both and wanted to see what you use.

Metal or wooded stretchers?

Wood or PVC beam?

I think I am going with the PVC fleshing beam as it will take less time. But still haven't made my mind up on the stretchers yet.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

studabaka

I use a wood beam and wire stretchers when I air dry.... but I mostly salt dry and tan what I get.... also use my chest freezer as a stop gap but only with well fleshed hides.

They say that for selling raw that wire stretchers don't give ya as good a sizing demension as wood ones, but I don't think that is all that significant for most critters.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

My beam is PVC. I've had people look at it and say, "You have got to be kidding me  :iroll:"  and I've had people say  :highclap: ahhhh good idea.

:shrug: I like it  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

I use wood stretchers and a big (a little too big) maple fleshing beam. The beam isn't set up permanently yet. I just rigged it so it would work last season. I think a PVC beam might be the way to go from pics I've seen.

Brad

bowjunkie

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 10, 2007, 04:30:25 PM
My beam is PVC. I've had people look at it and say, "You have got to be kidding me  :iroll:"  and I've had people say  :highclap: ahhhh good idea.

:shrug: I like it  :wink:

show us a pic  :biggrin:

keekee

Most of my stretchers are wire. I have some wood but 90% are wire.

My beam is wood also, but I have had it for years. I might look into one of the PVC deals though.

Brent