• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Added a few traps.

Started by keekee, September 11, 2007, 10:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

I brought back a few things from the OSTA meet this week end. Hard to pass up good deals!

A few 110 and a 120............

Some 1 1/2 long springs.........

A couple 220's..........

And some #2 Double long springs.......

And some I found in the back of my truck!...lol.....Thanks Steve!

This added about 50 more traps to my line and takes my total up to 220! I want that Otter real bad!!!!!!!!!!!!....lol....We are allowed three Otter this year. I have several spot located so far that look real good and have allot of sign. So if all goes well I hope to trap my first one this year!

The only thing I am short on now is some 1 3/4, word is Greys are going up this year, I may haft to put a few sets out if thats the case.

Brent

bushmaster

Man, i wish i knew some people around here who were into trapping.  I've decided to invest in some mb 650's and strt cutting my teeth on furr trappin.  You sure got a bunch there Brent! 
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

FinsnFur

That's a lot of steel.
The next pictures I see of those, they had best have fur pinched in them  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

awh

Holly crap. When you get back into trapping, you GET back into trapping huh. LOL

I got Cam a few 220's top make bucket sets with. ANd to rid the one side of the field we can't shoot on of groundhogs.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

keekee

I never sold out, always done some control work. I just layed off the line for a few years. I kept all my stuff just kind of stored it...lol... I still set a few sets every year to keep on top of things. I worked the line with my boy last winter just kind of stood by the side lines and gave advise. This year he is on his own....lol....And better be up real early opening morning if he wants a ride...lol

No, the kid comes first! But between the both of us we should be able to lay some serious steel!

Brent

awh

That's what I'm talking about. Nothing beetter than having the kids out there with ya.  :highclap: You a good man Brent. Keep it up. And go ahead and set his alarm 30 minutes earlier than yours so he can ride...LOL
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

trappinjohn

I just picked up some of those #2 double long springs myself.  I like to play with something different each year, this year it will be fox trapping with a double long spring.

Your right awh, nothing better than trapping with the kids along.

Bills Custom Calls

Brent I think I would feel bad the way you got some of those traps. 

I know you called it a good deal!!!!  I think I called it something else  :laf:

But you did say they set the price
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

keekee

I dont feel bad...lol....I got a good deal on them! They set a asking price, I said no, made a counter offer and they took it!....lol....Hell one guy even threw two traps in for free! :biggrin:

Sometimes waiting to the last day pays off!

The guy that should feel bad was the guy that bought all those cage traps the last day! 30.00 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I would of found them first...lol :readthis:

Brent

frshwtr

keekee if your referring to grey fox as "greys" you dont need 1 3/4, 1 1/2 coilsprings will do the job. advise to put a center swivel in the chain because greys have a tendency to roll around a lot. actually putting a center swivel on the chain of any trap set on land is a big help. it also helps for most sets in the water; the only thing i dont center swivel are muskrat traps. even the bigger conibears for beaver (and i'm told otter; we cant trap them in pa) help. i'v used the #2 long springs, center swilved with mid chain swivel, double staked, for coyote and they hold just fine, cours they hold just about anything we can trap here.

Drifter

The above post was right on . You can't have too many swivels . A grey does flip flops and can bind up swivels like crazy specially in tall grass . That is when they will break a leg . Also the earlier you can check a trap the better if coyotes are in the area as they will shread a fox if they find them in a trap .

Drifter