• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Any good trapping videos out there?

Started by BigB, September 14, 2007, 11:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

All of this trapping talk has given me an itch to scratch.  I tried some trapping when I was younger, but tabled that project because I didn't have the time.  I still don't have much time to do it, but I would enjoy watching some videos to learn how to do it correctly in case I do get some free time.

I just recently bought the Drury Outdoors predator videos.  They both have a little segment on trapping in them.  They are more of a teaser than a how to instruction, but I did manage to pick up a thing or two.

If anyone has any suggestions on some good videos on trapping, I'd like to hear them.  Trapping on any species is fine, but predators would be the main focus.

Thanks,
Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

wlong

I just went to Leggett's and picked up some traps and supplies. They are only  a few miles away over in Maryland.

I got their  "Foxes By the Thousand" Video. It focuses  mainly on where to set traps for foxes. Their basic set is the dirt hole. I believe it was worth the price...$29.95.
it also shows how to skin and stretch and turn the pelts.
Bill

trappinjohn

Leggetts fox and coyote videos are very good.  One of the most important things for canine trapping is location.  they go into detail about locations. 

bushmaster

"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

Nelson

Found this on ESPN Hunting web site:

Guide To Trapping by Jim Spencer  ( a book)

Available at Amazon.com for around $13.57

Nelson

frshwtr

here are some sights to check ou that should answer for both books and videos.
www.schmittent.com
www.montgomeryfur.com
www.molnaroutdoor.com
www.hoosiertrappersupply.com
if you cant find it there go to the news stand and get a copy of FUR FISH GAME or try www.trapperpredayorcaller.com
i engourage every one to join his state predator hunting association as well as trapping org. there are people out there that dont like what we do and they really trying to stop us. sorry if this seems like i'm advertiseing but i didnt know how else to answwer this  question.

BigB

I've got bunches of books, but the illustrations in the books don't seem to quite to the job.  Thanks for all of the feedback.  I'll check em out!

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Drifter

for beginning trappers Chalie Dobbins tpaes adn books are very good . He has his books and tapes so you can use them hand in hand . J C Connor has some tapes that are very good as well . I think minnesota trapline products handles them all .  http://www.minntrapprod.com/ They have fast and friendly service as well .

Drifter

TRAPPERDALE

TRY  YOUTUBE.COM
SEARCH FOR " PROBLEM COYOTES 1 - 8 "
VIDEOS' COVER SET LOCATIONS, SET TYPES,ETC......
BEST OF ALL IT'S FREE.