• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

93 lb HUGE Beaver !!

Started by Silencer, October 25, 2007, 10:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrbhunter

I too am skeptical.  I've seen a beaver drug out of a ditch, wrestled into a truck and then laid on scales that read 73 pounds- and I would've swore it was 100#.  The picture of this animal puts me in the same mindframe as Roede mentioned- of supposed monster whitetails- and only because the guy is standing so far behind the critter in an akward angle to make it appear bigger than it should.

The decieving factor in any weight contests is often the frame of an animal.  In deer, we'll kill 50 bucks that weigh 170-200 fielddressed in a season. We'll take 5 more that go 210-250.  The determining factor in the weight of these animals is usually in the length of the body... the big ones appear to have about 6" of extra torsoe.   I believe this is seen in horses and cattle as well- where decievingly big weights come from fractionally longer frames.

Heavyweight beavers, like coons, are often no longer than their mediocre counterparts but they are "SQUATTY" or "BOXY" for lack of better terms.  I've killed coons huge coons that hardly broke 15 pounds, and I've seen similar XXXXL coons from up north that weighed 25!  In my way of thinking, this could be a 65 pounder or a 93 pounder, but the guy should've taken an honest picture with something for scale factor.

PS: Roede, I can't see your picture?!

Randy Roede

Jason I know you know a hell of a lot more about computers than I, how come I see it but you don't? I will try again!

vvarmitr

So Jason, I'm not over weight, I'm under tall? :confused:  Guess I need to be over 7' tall than over 6'. :sad:

:roflmao:  :laf:  :roflmao:  :laf:

Silencer

I sure know one thing Randy, I see $$$ in that pic  :biggrin:

Colters Hell

I maybe new here but you'll quickly learn that i don't like to guess or speculate. So to put some of this talk to rest, I looked the guy's phone number up thru dialing information and actually talked to him. First he said that he was amazed about all hype around the beaver. He said that unfortunately he lives in this tree hugging liberal hell hole of central New England.  Mr.Siudut said that all this positive talk about trapping in this SH*tting politically correct area is refreshing.
  He said that he called the NH fish and game and the guy at the Wildlife Division said that they didn't want the beaver. He said that he also offered it to Wayne Macllum the Massachusetts Director of fish and game and he had no need for it because it wasn't trapped in Mass.
  He said that he wasn't surprised nor did he care, that some people don't believe the weight of it. He couldn't believe it either. He did say that the beaver was 47 inches long from nose to tip of tail. It was 43 inches around at it's widest point.
  He closed the conversation by saying something like: "He traps and hunts because something deep inside him drives him to do it. He did it for himself and the satisfaction it brings him". He finished by saying that "he couldn't give 2 rats asses if some people believe him or not". he then hung