• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A coyote and a bobcat

Started by KySongDog, October 17, 2009, 04:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Today was opening early muzzle loader deer weekend.  I decided to leave the smoke pole at home and I crawled in to my tree stand with my crossbow.  (I'm bound and determined to kill something with that dayum thing).   So anyways, no deer showed.  I was watching the brush to my right when I glanced left and saw the back third of a coyote about 15 yards out slipping in to the jungle I used to call my woods.  If (here goes the *IF* statement) I had been looking left I am pretty sure I could have got a shot off at the mangy critter. (It wasn't mangy but I call all coyotes mangy anyways)  

I lip squeaked hoping to get him/her to do a 180 degree turn and come back out in the open.  No taker.  So I pulled out a hand call (Thanks, CCP) and started the bunny blues.  Still no coyote.  I blew a couple of series and just sat quiet.  10-15 minutes later up from the creek comes a very healthy bobcat.  It was out about 50 yards and had eased in to a small clearing but even if it were under my tree, they are out of season until Nov 21st in KY.  So I watched it slip right in front of me back in to the jungle.  

No deer but the coyote and bobcat sure made the whole morning for me.   :biggrin:

coyote101

Sounds like a great day Semp.  :yoyo: :yoyo: I went out this morning and shot a little doe with the smokepole.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

Way cool Semp !
congrats on the doe Pat.
Scott
Scott

FinsnFur

You made a good day out of what was about to be a lousy day. :yoyo:
You know they are there and you know what works. Now it's just a matter of time. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Roundman

Cool story Semp, more and more I find myself taking in a call and calling from a stand when I get bored. Deer stands get harder for me every year.

alscalls

Sounds like a good time........... :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

Sounds like you have a good hunting spot for more than just deer!

Jerry

bushmaster

Right on, that would be pretty neat to prick a yote with that crossbow.

Congrats on the freezer meat pat :congrats:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

LBLDOG

Semp, thats cool getting see the Bobcat & Yote. I was bow hunting Monday and did a little calling before I called it a day!

msmith

Great story! Sounds like a really good time in the woods!
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

pitw

Totally Awesome Semp  :highclap:. You saw one more Bobcat today tha I ever saw.   Good day no matter how you slice it.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tikaani

Made for a good day Semp, maybe when your out coyote hunting a deer will show up, that's how it usually works.  Good luck getting your deer.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.