• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

share some hors d' oeuvres ideas for New Years Eve ??

Started by iahntr, December 29, 2009, 08:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iahntr

We're just havin a little get together with friends on New Years Eve,
everybody brings some munchies. Anybody wanna share some ideas ?
Maybe help each other come up with somethin a little different then
what we all always bring to get togethers. 

I'll start off with a couple simple ones.

"Chicken Lip Dip"
2- 8oz. blocks cream cheese
3 cans pre cooked chicken chunks
1 cup ranch dip ( 1 thing of ranch chip dip )
1 (or 2 :biggrin:) cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2-3/4 cup Franks RedHot sauce (more or less to taste)

Heat up, we put in little crock pot, serve with chips, bread pieces, or whatever.

Reuben Dip
2 cups shredded swiss cheese
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 can of sauerkraut (drained)
2 cups shredded corned beef

Thousand Island dressing on side if ya want.
Again, a crock pot thing.
We like it on that little cocktail rye bread, or you can serve it with crackers or whatever

Obviously these are easy to modify to your taste or size.

Anybody else ?
Scott

FinsnFur

That chicken sh*t dip sounds real good. Especially with the hot sauce. :eyebrow:

Here's my favorite;
A 12 pack carton of Budlight Bottles
Refrigerate at 35 degrees for 4 hours minimum.
A fresh can of packed Copenhagen

Then pull one bottle at a time from the fridge and enjoy with a lip full of Copenhagen in front of the fireplace. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

MMmmmmm     MMMmmmmm
You're a regular Emeril Lagasse aren't ya.  :eyebrownod:
The fireplace was a nice touch too.  :laf:
Scott

golfertrout

sounds good but i dont chew snuff anymore or drink or smoke or chase wild women. :shrug: man i would love to have a big ole pinch right now, :madd: it was 6.18 a can in florida :puke:

HaMeR

Chili fries!!  {insert full belly rubbing smilie here}  :laf:

Cook a pot of chili up just thin enough a spoon won't quite stand up in it. Throw the crinkle cut fries in the boiling vat of fat. Layer the fries, chili, & favorite cheese in some sort of baking dish. We bake it til the top cheese is just starting to turn brown. Add jalepenos, bananna pepper rings or whatever to spice it up. I also like salsa & cream cheese on mine.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Scott, and I dont even have a fireplace :laf:

HaMeR that sounds unbelievably good.
I think you forgot one detail though :confused: ...spread newspapers generously around the toilet in the morning before you set down. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

lil smokies and meatballs in bbq is allways good.  pretty simple.  throw it all into a  crock pot and heat till warm.  I get precooked meatballs.  mom made some jalpeno flavored meatballs one year man were they good.  she just added jalapenos to her normal homeade meatball recipe.  dang were they good. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

Some they just gotta learn the hard way like everybody else does.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Quote from: HaMeR on December 30, 2009, 11:29:32 AM
Some they just gotta learn the hard way like everybody else does.  :laf: :laf:

:roflmao: ROFLMAO!

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

for dips I have done my crab dip I posted in here at one point or another.  might be a few pages back.  another good easy one is get a jar of salsa and mix with sour cream.  doesn't sound too appealing but it is good.  tostitos makes a spinach dip.  take that and put in chipped beef or even better chipped venison.  mix it up good.  a good ranch dip that my mother taught me is as follows.  get a pack of ranch seasoning and add it to sour cream.  works good on veggies and chips. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Silencer

iahntr

Sounds good so far fellas, cept the morning after part, but we don't worry about that right now.  :laf:
Thanks

Anybody else ??     Super Bowl's comin up too.
Scott

GunDog

One of our quick favorites here ... this goes very good with Jim's first recipe ...  :eyebrownod:

1lb. venison patty sausage (any patty sausage will do, hot is better)
1lb. Velveeta cheese (we like the mexican style)
Big jar of your favorite Salsa (we like the hot, makes ya drink more of your favorite beverage)

Brown your sausage, drain and crumble it all up good. We use a big cast iron skillet for this. Put your drained sausage and the Velveeta cheese in and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Add your salsa and turn up the heat to medium. Stir until good and hot or lightly boiling. Remove from heat grab the tortillas and beverage and enjoy!