• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

White face

Started by coyote101, November 26, 2012, 07:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

While I was deer hunting a couple of weeks ago this guy came by and checked me out:

I saw another one like this last year in another section of woods. Apparently this is a fairly common marking in the eastern fox squirrel.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

whaaaaaaaaaaaat? :confused:
That is crazy cool looking. Never heard of them.
Google here I come..................
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

I've seen several of those around Laurel Lake here in Ky. They almost looked like their tails had faint rings like a coon too. And they were huge squirrels. I've never seen them anywhere else. :shrug:

FinsnFur

I found a recipe. Were gonna get two, count em 2,  pies out of each Squirrel :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

New one for me.  We did have several albino and several white (not albino) on the college campus when I was there.

Jerry

shaddragger

:eyebrow: It's the Ghost Squirrel, Scooby-Doo!!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

nastygunz

Dang thems some monsta squirrels :biggrin:

Okanagan

It's a Hereford cross and that's why it is so big.  :wink:

KySongDog

I friend of mine traps squirrels, paints their tail hunter orange and turns them loose to run amuck in his neighborhood.    Its funny to see one walking across a telephone wire. 

nastygunz

Quote from: Semp on November 27, 2012, 07:35:42 AM
I friend of mine traps squirrels, paints their tail hunter orange and turns them loose to run amuck in his neighborhood.    Its funny to see one walking across a telephone wire.

Now that's funny :alscalls:...some men dream of bugling bull elk, the charge of a cape buffalo...a whitetail buck with a neck like mike Tyson and an attitude like Michelle Obama, me, a simple country boy from the hills of VT.....a hunt for the giant fox squirrel...that's my dream hunt  :wink:..if I saw that big whompa Id say screw the deer hunting the pistol would come out and wed commence to dancing mister!

coyote101

If you come down here Nasty, I'll put you on some of them. Most of them don't have that white face, but they are all big; easily two or three times the size of a typical gray squirrel. And they aren't shy about leaving the woods either. They will cross an open field if something on the other side interests them. I am told they don't taste good, but have never tried. Now I guess I will have to.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

Well I might just take you up on that sometime! :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Bring some pie crusts nasty :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FOsteology

nastygunz

Up at deer camp a pressure cooker is when the lowest man on the totem pole has to cook and has venison farts.... :biggrin: