Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

gotta love windows based machines.   :rolleye:
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

vvarmitr

Hang in there Barry! Don't let this computer get the upper hand on ya.  :noway:
It's just a tool & ya gotta learn how to use a tool.  :wink:

FinsnFur

I gotta go replace 100' of ridge cap on a buddy's machine shed. (who's probably standing there waiting for me)
I'll check back with ya, after while. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Great thing about my job is I get to go out and kill everything on full sections just to make think Ièm better than something.  Ièll be seeing about spraying this machine next :yoyo:
  VV I got the hammer figured out :eyebrow:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Quote from: pitw on October 07, 2010, 08:09:52 AM
Quote from: FinsnFur on October 07, 2010, 08:00:24 AM
I'm guessing that since your in Canada you have a French language installed on your computer, and somewhere along the line you recently mashed a set of buttons that is being used as a hot key to switch your languages, and it landed on french.

If your running XP;
Go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> select the Keyboards and Languages tab. It might only say languages.

At the bottom of the following window, click French to highlight it, and then click the remove button on the right.
Let me know what else you have listed in there for languages, I might send ya back in.
Then restart your computer.

It said English.

Nevermind  :doh2:
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

Hey, Barry.  My computer does the same thing once in awhile.  I have no idea what causes it nor what cures it.  So my post is kind of like a fellow cancer patient cheering you by saying, "I have cancer too."

It used to switch over to the weird side more often.  My guess is that I accidentally pushed some set of keys that told it to switch to some other symbol when I tried to type a question mark, apostrophe, etc.   I got the same accented e that you did for many of the punctuation keys.  It drove me nuts for awhile, but now it seems to restore itself if I shut off the computer.  It doesn't do it as often so maybe I am typing better, without hitting the unknown combination of keys that switches it over.

Maybe it is the geography, eh?   It is frustrating almost to the point of fear when you have a super important document on a TIGHT deadline and the keys suddenly don't work on the final draft.  It is hard to write and not use an apostrophe nor a question mark, and a few other crucial punctuation marks, but I have gotten pretty good at it under pressure. 

slagmaker

I don't know... It gives your posts a neat accent to them. Maybe you should leave it alone so that the new members will know that your from way up north.

Just a thought.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

What'd ya come up with there, home slice?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

I come up with this little known fact, even geeks ain't geeky enough to tell me what the [L] I done now :laf: :laf:.  Thanks Okanagan for at least making me feel better about the damb thing not being lonely.  :bowingsmilie:  I'm now planning on an assault on technology cause I can prove even a rock works more consistent than these tinks. :wo:

FinsnFur

:alscalls:
I still say you've got a Canadian French language installed and you hit a hot key which triggered it.
Okanagan too....your both using pc's bought in Canada. Ironic?........I think not :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

So I see in some of your posts out there, your using apostrophes, and other punctuation as freely as Alscalls in a 24 hour Yahoo smiley marathon.
Did you fix your Canadian French language invasion issue?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

That shutty offy thingy seemed to cure it's alis, but I still don't no what caused it to happen :alscalls:.  I'm still thinking the rock is a better for me cause I know it predicts weather better at least :eyebrow:.

pitw

````><Éé....',¨¨¨¨^^^^ :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
   It`s doing it again with a new twist to a couple keys.   :puke: :puke:
  Either I figure out what`s causing it and how to fix it with the keyboard or I am going hunting all by myself :biggrin:.

5 SHOTS

Quote from: pitw on October 30, 2010, 02:46:29 PM
  Either I figure out what`s causing it and how to fix it with the keyboard or I am going hunting all by myself :biggrin:.

So, ummm, how was hunting?  :biggrin:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

I still say you got some French language files playing havoc with that thing. Every time I see you clarify on one of the symbols it makes me think it more and more.

In fact your little É that comes up every time you try to make a question mark, is actually a French E

You've could also possible have a different keyboard selected, possibly French or Canadian French.

Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Keyboards and Languages, Change Keyboards. Select the keyboard you that's causing you grief and choose Remove.

If you don't remove the keyboard map, when this switch happens, you'll have to exit the application you're in (Outlook, for example), change keyboards, and restart the app. Changing keyboards without restarting the app doesn't
seem to change the mapping.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

É I removed the french thingy in that program and as you can see É`:> it is still irritating me but I thank you for trying and I will keep on trying. :biggrin:

pitw

É I then clicked apply and this is no better.

pitw

ÉÉÉ  left alt +shift isn`t doing it.
:argh:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers