• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Oh Jimbo....

Started by Ladobe, October 26, 2012, 08:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

H..........e.............l...............l.............o................          J...............i...............m.

Getting the forum to first load is painfully s-l-o-w now days.    One of those click the bookmarked link, go to the kitchen and pour a cup of coffee, put it in the microwave to reheat, go down the hall to take a piss, comeback to the kitchen and wait for the coffee to get hot, back to the office 'puter desk..... and I am still waiting.   So light up a smoke and kick back with the coffee until it finally loads.   

Once the front page loads the "slows' mostly go away when perusing FNF.   My IE, screen res and FNF didn't shake hands well from the start of this forum as you might remember until you made some changes to comp for them.    Anyway, probably a product of my first line of defense antivirus trap that considers FNF a VERY SERIOUS HAZZARD ZONE.    :alscalls:    Have been running it for quite a while though, way before the slows kicked in here.     Only one other forum I've had similar, and if fact WAY worse locking up constantly without fully loading a page most of the time with every operation on it forward or backward.   I knew why though, and finally convinced Admin of same.... they are over ran with ads....a pop up ad, banner ads and even "tactile" ads in position two of every single thread that all always have to reload.     Unlike here making forum operating costs are more important than the forum being user friendly.   (BTW, it also runs on SMF)

Just a heads up though.... I live with it at FNF and it's not really much of a problem.   Besides, gives me an excuse to take a break from the 'puter (a far more time wasting and time consuming machine than the boob tube has ever been for anybody who ever used them).    :wink:

Larry

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FinsnFur

Do you know what your internet connection speed is?
Not what they tell you it is, or what the internet access icon tells you it is, but what it actually is?
Go here to find out; http://www.speedtest.net/ Let me know what your download results are.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com