• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Great asset to your treestand!

Started by Teamroper, September 01, 2010, 12:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

Guys- This thing is the cat's meow. I bought one last year and just got another one this week. It is easy to put up and will keep you out of the elements. :yoyo: To start with I bought a 2-man ladder stand from Wally World. Then I took some 1" PVC pipe (painted it green) and then made an extended platform out the back of the stand and attached it to the stand itself with tie-wraps (zip-ties).

I then put some heavy black plastic on the platform and them topped it off with some old carpet. Note- Punch some holes in the plastic so if any rain collects it will run out the holes.

This blind attaches to the tree with a ratchet strap and then pulls over the front of the blind's handrail. All the windows can be put up and down with little magnetic plates that are sewn into the material. The top can also be pulled back over the top and placed against the tree so that a bowhunter can hunt out of it with no problems. When pulled forward there is a net screen that you can see through or you have the option of zipping it down.

You can practically set up camp in this thing. I have a hard time with my feet getting cold. When you put this thing up it blocks most of the wind and I stay warm the whole time. And if it rains, no problem.  :biggrin: Now don't get me wrong, this thing is not cheap,   :wo: but if I can stay in the stand twice as long it is worth every penny. The going price is $150 at Bass Pro and other retailers but you can get one at Scott's Outdoors in Fla. for about $124. The problem with Bass Pro and some others is that they are always out of stock. I just ordered one from Scott's on Monday and had it on Wed. Total price-$154. Right now their website is showing they are out of stock but I would call them bacause they had 7 on Monday.  :shrug:

This unit is a ten in my book. PLENTY of room for one person and would work good for a father and son team where keeping those younguns warm might be a problem. Last year I got a real nice 6-pt from this stand. The ironic part is that I was halfway out of this stand when I saw the buck walking past me at 20 yds. I violated every hunting rule in the book and scrambled back up into the stand, pulled the window down and shot him. He never knew I was around.  :biggrin:

So guys I'm telling you if getting cold is part of your reason for not staying out longer this will definitely help. By the way, the wildlife like it too. When I went to remove the stand after deer season I had a flyng squirrel run out of a plastic bag (which stored my sleeping bag) under the seat and look for another place of residence. Below is the link at Scott's Outdoors and Bass Pro. The model number is a Ameristep Ladder Stand Blind #9913. Hope this helps someone. See ya in the woods.   ;yes;
www.productsthatsave.c...salsb.html
www.basspro.com/webapp...00_425-3-0

When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

Todd Rahm

What is it again?

One link didnt work and the other didn't go to a product.

Teamroper

Quote from: Todd Rahm on September 01, 2010, 05:13:12 PM
What is it again?

One link didnt work and the other didn't go to a product.

It is a treestand canopy enclosure. Just google Ameristep 9913 and it will come up.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

Teamroper

Carolina Coyote

This link did not work either, just take a picture and post.   :biggrin: cc

Teamroper

Sorry about that guys. I thought for sure one of those would have worked. Let's see if this helps. If you are talking to a dealer just ask about the Ameristep 9913 treestand blind.

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Teamroper

That's it. Thank God someone knows how to do this stuff. Thanks Brad! :yoyo:

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

:alscalls:   well I've been known to post a pic every now and then.  :wink:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

KySongDog

Now that looks like some thing one could spend the night in.   :laf:   I wonder if there is room for a propane heater?   :wo:

securpro

Yep and heat would be nice but does it have but does it have a urinal ?   :biggrin:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro