• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Back from deer camp.....

Started by alscalls, November 25, 2010, 09:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

Well, Monday was our first day of gun season, I was not sure if I could do it or not, but I was gonna stay at the cabin anyway.
So we got up at 4:30am on Monday and started the coffee..... One of my newer hunters Wayne (Been hunting now for three years) Says...... Are you gonna go AL?  I said yea, I am gonna try it..... That air mattress seemed to do my back some good.
He says....... WELL DONT GO SHOOTING A DOE AT 8 Oclock and start the 4 wheeler and bother my hunting this year! (Keep in mind this is my land)    :eyebrownod:
So I calmly say..... What would you have me do...... I have shot a LOT of deer over the years and we like eating does.... :shrug:
He says this year.....at least on the first day..... dont shoot anything but a buck....OK?
So I said OK.... :eyebrownod:

I woulda normally passed this one up.......but Wayne wanted me to shoot one so......Around 8A.M. ..............
I showed him this one and said........

Wayne!  Just what do ya want me to shoot tomorrow on my own farm?! This game is FUN!!!!!!!   :biggrin:
He did not think it was as funny as I did......... :nono:   :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
Thank god he did not get one......as I needed him for the work........  :laf: :laf: :laf:

He moped and moaned about how he had never killed a buck and probably wouldnt see one all week.......  :pout:
So I asked him........ What did you learn today??  After a few choice words for me...... :eyebrownod: :laf: :laf:
He said.... What do ya mean? I said what did ya see today? He said ......One doe.
I said what else? He said nothing....... I said NOTHING!!!!  I saw trees, and birds, and squirrels,....... Tracks and scrapes and rubs....... I saw where the deer were eating white oaks and persimmons.....and much more!!!!!!!
So after a long talk about what he really saw we decided where he should go next....
He learned a lot...... and it payed off for him.....  :eyebrow:
The rest of the week was much more enjoyable........For both of us.  :yoyo:  :laf:  I had a great time and did not hunt anymore after Monday.....

Waynes first buck......all by himself......Finally.......

Here are some shots of inside a messy cabin......(Thats a solar panel in the window :wink:)

Back with the Family, for Thanksgiving.......... Have a goodun fellas........ and May God bless
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Glad you could get out, Al.   Congrats on the deer too!   :yoyo:

coyote101

Quote from: Semp on November 25, 2010, 09:35:56 AM

What he said. ^^
Happy Thanksgiving Al.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

Quote from: coyote101 on November 25, 2010, 10:05:51 AM
Quote from: Semp on November 25, 2010, 09:35:56 AM

What he said. ^^
Happy Thanksgiving Al.

Pat

What they said.^^
Happy thanksgivig to all three of ya

Slag
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

John_NY

Nice story Al. I'm glad you got out to camp. I know it has been bothering you. Congrats on the deer.  Happy Thanksgiving.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

alscalls

Thanks fellas..... Folks keep telling me how tough I am...... Yet I dont feel so tough today... :laf:  I would still do it again.....I had a wonderful time..... I woulda felt the pain at home or at camp.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

golfertrout

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bambam

pitw

Cards, you play cards  :shock2:.  Good on ya Al and the cabin looks dandy :yoyo:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Nice buck Al. :yoyo: And congrats on Waynes 1st too. :congrats: