• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Reactive targets for plinking

Started by slagmaker, December 29, 2010, 12:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

At a gun show I came apon these polymer reactive targets. the two I saw were a ball and a cube, bright oragne about 5 inches in size. They are supposed to be able to self heal from a 22 on up to a 50 caliber round. The dang things were like 40+ bucks.  Last night I found them for cheap. :readthis: I ordered two. :biggrin: When they come in a friend and I are gona have a race with our single six's and see who can cover 50 yards first.

I will let you all know what I think of these after we get to test them.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

vvarmitr

slagmaker

vvarmitr

securpro

send one to me and I'll donate a 50 cal or two for testing purposes  :biggrin: I dought it would hold up though :shrug:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

slagmaker

I know a gentelman that has some spinner targets made from the same material. He has been using them for several years and they are still in great shape. He hits his with everything from a 22 to a 30-06 and it leaves the tinniest little hole. At the gun show "indy 1500 by the way" they had several pieces of the polymer there that had been hit with a variety of diffrent calibers and they held up pretty good. the hole from a 50 caliber hit sealed back up to just a pin prick of a hole.

Like I said I will try to post video of them in action. there was a web site that had a video of people racing them down the range but I cant seem to find it.

slagmaker

FinsnFur

Closes the holes back up? What's that stuff the kids play with that runs like green snot?

SLIME!...I was picturing something made out of Slime when I seen this. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

My daughter Kara likes plinking with her dad "me" and we were getting tired of the same ole stationary steel targets. I dont like having trash on my rifle range, so I thought why not give these a try. The shots change on ya at least a little and we can use her rifle or my hand guns and have a blast of a time.

I have found them from between 65 bucks apiece to the 20 apiece I paid for the ones I willl be getting middle of next week. Ya get what you pay for and the company that originally came up with these has them for $65 and they are good up to 100,000 rounds of 22. This one is by do-all and was purchased from cheaper than dirt. The CTD and Do-All outdoors sites state that they are good for 1,000+ rounds. That would be a lot of shooting so I figure if it performs like I think it will, it will be a good investment if just for the entertainment value.

Best way to get better at something is to do it a lot.

bigben

I seen em but didnt know how well they worked.  looking forward to your review of them. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

vvarmitr

slagmaker

Arrival time estimate puts them here the 6th. I will be trying the as soon as I can take them out back and have a a bit of time to kill.

alscalls

We found that an old can of tomato juice inside a snow man is pretty cool to shoot with the .308......  :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

vvarmitr

THE 6TH!  :confused:
WTF you post this in here a week before you even get the stuff.  :doh2:  :doh2:  :doh2:
I get all head-up wanting your expert opinion on these things & you ain't even gotten 'em yet.  :rolleye:

Quote from: alscalls on December 30, 2010, 08:42:21 PM
We found that an old can of tomato juice inside a snow man is pretty cool to shoot with the .308...... [/size] :eyebrownod:
:laugh2: :laugh2:  :laugh2:
That sounds like something Calvin of Calvin & Hobbs would do!
:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:

slagmaker

Yes I am a week early. I was just so happy to finally find them for cheaper than 65 bucks. I will have video and such when I finally get them in.

alscalls

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 31, 2010, 10:41:31 AM
THE 6TH! 
Quote from: alscalls on December 30, 2010, 08:42:21 PM
We found that an old can of tomato juice inside a snow man is pretty cool to shoot with the .308...... [/size] :eyebrownod:
:laugh2: :laugh2:  :laugh2:
That sounds like something Calvin of Calvin & Hobbs would do!
:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:

I dare ya to try it and not giggle.........     :laf: :laf:
AL

vvarmitr

I can hardly think about it Al & not giggle!  :eyebrownod:

I'm looking forward to this future review.
I'd throw out a handful of golf balls & we'd shoot/run 'em range.
Problem was they'd get in a dip or taller grass & ya couldn't see 'em.  :madd:
Until then it was lots of run.  :biggrin:

Those balls on the video look to be a lot more fun though.  :eyebrow:

alscalls

VV we been videoing some reactive targets..... Like eggs, canned goods, lettuce, potatoes....ect. So far my four favorites are...
Potatoes, eggs, canned goods, and snow men!   :laf: :laf:
I would like to see theses things myself....... :eyebrownod:
AL

Todd Rahm

I was always trained reactive targets are the ones that shoot back?  :confused: