• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Reactive targets for plinking

Started by slagmaker, December 29, 2010, 12:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Well the package was comming from TX and now it is in WI. Dang thing passed me. It should be here day after tomorrow. Cant wait. Feel liek a kid waiting on Christmas
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

slagmaker

Just checked and it is in Indianapolis. :yoyo: It could be here as early as tomorrow. :fingerx: I have a friend comming over so we can shoot this weekend. If he dont show up my daughter Kara and I will be doing the shooting.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

slagmaker

They are here. I will have my Daughter this weekend so I may wait to shoot at them till she is here.

slagmaker

OK here is an upate to this riviting topic :readthis:. It gets a little fast paced from here on out so hang on to your seats were gona shoot at stuff. :eyebrow:

Today it was a beautifulle mostly sunny day, Light Northerly winds and a temp of around the 26*F mark. Kara says hay Dad lets go play that game. OK you grab the targets and I will grab the cam corder. Two pistols and a handfull of ammo later finds us walking through crunchy snow on the way to the wood line. After getting there we set up the tripod for the cam corder and started filming. Kara shooting a Browning BuckMark and I a Ruger New Model Single Six.  Targets were thrown out. We Loaded up a full round for each of us and the fun was on.

The targets didnt exectally jump around everytime you hit them :wo:. But a good solid hit would make it roll or jump a little. The bullets do pass through with minimall damage leaving only a small black hole many times smaller than bullet diamater. We were only shooting 22's so I wana try this with my other hand guns of larger caliber to see how well it jumps with something more subastatial hitting it.

It is something that I will have to pack in and out with me everytime I want to plink down at the range but its better than shooting at an old pop bottle. this thing does give you some reaction and it does move around. It dosnt break up into smaller and smaller pieces like a plastic pop bottle. Safer to handel than an old shot up tin can. The cold didn't seem to have any effect on it at all. It was as pliable after being in the cold as it was in the warm house.  The bright  orange color was easy to see.

Worth the money? yeah it was worth it, If for nothing more than a bit of time spent with my daughter.

I have to get to a place so I can up load the pics and video, No way can I do this from my home connection.

FinsnFur

Sounds interesting, errr what did you call it?...riveting. :laf:
C'mon over and we'll go through the footage and get it uploaded :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

I have the videos burned to disk. Now all I have to do is get them up loaded.

I have before and after pics of the target balls showing the damage they receive.

Kara really had a blast as you will be able to tell from the video the laughter of a child is a soothing sound.

The balls do roll around and it would probalby have been more pronounced motion if we wernt trying to get them to roll around in a half inch of snow. Which by the way we are supposed to get more of.