• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Smokey Mountains

Started by KySongDog, June 28, 2011, 06:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

I took a few pics on our Smokey Mountains trip.   I got several pics of a small bear and ended up seeing 5 bears total plus some huge deer.  The bucks were in velvet and had massive antler bases.  It is pretty apparent there is NO hunting allowed at Cades Cove.    :eyebrownod:

Smokey Mountains

Hawks Feather

Some really nice images there.  I love the snake under the warning sign and the butterflies were pretty neat too.  I am guessing that a few of the water images will end up on the wall.

Jerry

HaMeR

Those are some very nice pic Semp. I really like the water falls & the old cabins.  :biggrin:  Thanks for sharing!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Looks like a really cool place to camp. Except for the bears.
What was with the blue butterflies? I've never seen blue ones, let alone a pile of them like that.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

coyotehunter_1

Cades Cove is quite an interesting place to spend some time. I'm glad you all enjoyed your stay in our little park. :highclap:   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

shaddragger

Great photos, Semp! That is an amazing place, isn't it? The snake under the sign is my favorite too!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on June 28, 2011, 07:15:41 PM
Looks like a really cool place to camp. Except for the bears.
What was with the blue butterflies? I've never seen blue ones, let alone a pile of them like that.

I don't really know what they were up to.  I found them "resting" on the ground behind one of the old cabins.   They were all alive, just hanging out I guess.   :laf:

Quote from: shaddragger on June 28, 2011, 08:55:31 PM
Great photos, Semp! That is an amazing place, isn't it? The snake under the sign is my favorite too!

I thought that was kind of cool too.  The snake just curled up under the sign as if to say "that sign ain't kidding."

Dave

Some real nice pics there, Semp.  I like the ones of the stream flowing through the big boulder fields - looks like it has no business flowing through there.

Roundman

Great picturs Semp! The SM are a great place to visit. It's easy to spend the entire day taking pictures and looking for critters. Go in November and watch some pretty impressive bucks chase doe around.

Tikaani

Great pitures Johnny.  Never been there other than passing through.  Love the old cabins and bears, reminds me of the bear stand.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Yotehntr

Awesome pics Johnny!  We head that way 2 or 3 times a year.   :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

iahntr

Nice pics. Good lookin area.
Scott