Show Case - Purgatory Predator Calls, Joey Gacnik

Started by Purgatory_Predator_Calls, March 31, 2007, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Very Nice Joey! You have my respect!

Brent

kkbait

awh

Great call, pics and story. The part about walking in your dads footprints brought a huge smile as I can clearly remember doing that everytime we went out with snow on the ground.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

BryanStanley

Joey's calls are of the utmost quality. I can certainly vouch for that seeing as how I have 3 of his best works of art. there is no doubt Joey is a force to be reckon with in the call makin circus.

Bryan

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Sorry it took me  so long to get back to everyone!  I just got back from a long weekend of shed hunting with my wife and great friends.  

Here goes,

Jim:  LOL thanks but the camera is not mine.  It's the departments.  It's used primarily for arson investigation and finger prints. But when no one's around it takes GREAT pics of calls.

Todd:  You're waaay to kind!  I've been fortunate to have been blessed with great family and friends.  With out them I would not be the person I am and not have the motivation to make the calls I make.  To say I've got a future in this arena is a HUGE compliment.  Thank you sir.

Richard:  La Junta is a great town to live!  I plan on spending the rest of my life here.  So if you're ever in town look me up!  The pictures were taken probably 20 and 60 miles straight south of town.  From the highway La Junta is in the great plains, but head south and you'll run into some of the roughest canyon country anywhere!

Dave:  Glad you're happy with your call!  Thanks for YOUR friendship.  Keep in touch!

Joe:  Hope you don't mine I mentioned you in my bio.  Thanks for the compliments and great calls you turn out.  And by the way, I've already got a call in the works for you sir. :innocentwhistle:  Thanks!

Brian:  Always a pleasure to meet a fellow brother from the fire service.  Be carefull and stay safe!

Studabaker:  I'm a very lucky person.  I've truely been blessed.  And the wife, well let's just say she's my little sweet heart and when we go calling together it's always best to let her be the shooter!  :eyebrow:

Randy:  Here in La Junta, we work very closely with our police department and we often joke that cops are just firemen who couldn't pass the physical agilities test  :roflmao: LOL Just kidding.  Some of my best friends and some of the finest people I know are cops.  Thank you for doing the things you've done sir!  

Brent:  I'm honored.  A compliment like that  is truely valuable.

AWH:  I owe a lot to my dad.  I remember calling along side of him with my daisy lever action BB gun.  I only hope some day I can be half the father he was for me.

Mr. Stanley:  Got your message last night, but got back to late to call.  Thanks for the compliments!  Compliments from your peers are the best kind. 

And to all of you guys, thanks for the compliments!  They truely meen a lot!  

And to Jim and Brent, thanks for the opportunity to showcase my life and calls.

Sincerly,

Joey Gacnik

When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Hawks Feather

Joey,

(Just catching up on posts so I am sorry this is late.)  I have to agree with Joe in that you are way to modest and also extremely kind to put me in the same line with Al and Joe.  I don't know if I deserve that, but I certainly will take it as a very high compliment.  I learned a few more things about you from the bio and I have to agree with several others that think that you are on the right track.  Making Lieutenant by age 27 is definitely an indication of the quality of your work at your "paying" job.  Just looking at your calls gives everyone else an indication of your skill on the lathe and attention to detail.  From looking at the call that you made for me it is also easy to see the pride that you have in your call building.  I am looking forward to seeing many more of your calls posted in the future.

Jerry

spctbone

That is one fine piece of work! wish i had tha patience to attempt that!

AWESOME!

MattS

Calls that you put out really hover on fine art side of call making. 

Great write up as well.

psycho

That is a sweet looking call.

It amazes me the patience and craftsmanship you put into calls.

fuzz624

Joey,that is a really nice call,great write up and some awsome looking country. :highclap:

nailbender

That's a beautiful peice of work Joey.  Enjoyed your bio as well! :congrats:

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Yeap we've sure got some great country down here!  Sad thing is we are very close to having it all taken away!!!!!! :argh:

For the past 2-3 years now the Army has been pursuing the acquisition of nearly 460,000 acres for live fire exorcises.  That's on top of the existing 230,000 acres they already control.  It's a looooonng story, one that makes me sick to my stomach, but long story short they have threatened condemnation and imminent domain as the desired means of acquisition. 

Both of these pictures were taken on land that would be taken and blown up if this succeeds.   Very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

www.pinoncanyon.com has more info.

Joey

Bygog!

straycat

Purty nice.  Great lookin scenery too.     :biggrin:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

BasinBoy

wow thats a great lookin call and some pretty country your in

Bopeye

I really can't add a thing to what all these other guys have said. You plain and simple make good looking calls. If they sound half as good as they look, then you should have some real coyote killers.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Coulter

Great looking call Joey...Looks like you're gonna have some orders to fill. Your calls do stand out from the rest with the designs. They will certainly be finding a home in my little collection in the future as well. Keep up the great work!

Steve

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Bop,  yeah.............I saw the size of that chicken!   :roflmao:

Steve,  thanks for the compliment.  I been working on calls like............well you know like a person who works on calls!  Soon I'll have some calls made up for some of the FNFrs

Thanks guys, had a great time making the showcase calls and an even better time just hangin out!

Yoey

Bygog!

securpro

sure wud like ta hav me one a dem purdy calls :biggrin: , i sees dat it wurks on hefers too !!! I cud call in da critters and da cows at da same time, wat a wunderful wey ta multytask.

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

iahntr

Super looking call(s)  :congrats: :highclap:  Nice write up, thanks for sharing, it's always nice to put a face and some background with the call maker. Look forward to you posting some calls.
Scott

kiyitec

Joey,
        Love the lines, your calls catch the eye and hold the mind.  Intriguing would be the word I was looking for.
   Any place to see some stills of your work?  I keep watching your banner cycling trying to get A better  look.  Blip, Blip, doh... Blip. Hey that looks-, BLIP!  hehe ~KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.