• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

FIREClean

Started by Hawks Feather, August 09, 2014, 03:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I found out about FIREClean on Vickers Tactical (Larry Vickers) site in his Larry’s Links section when looking for additional information on ARs.  I found the quote “The first firearms lubricant I have officially endorsed â€" unlike most gun lubricants it meets or exceeds its claims. Truly a 21st Century lubricant in every way.” interesting quote so I checked with another person I knew who said that it was great. 

So, since I am somewhat of a cleaning/lubricating junkie I decided to give it a try.  From what I had read it works best when used as the base coat rather than going on over other products, but I really didn’t want to spend a lot of time stripping several firearms down to the bare metal only to find out that FIREClean didn’t work.  I just wiped off the firearms with a dry rag and applied a thin coat of FIREClean on the top.  I then took the guns to the range where they were going to be used by my sister’s grandsons.  While all three handguns cleaned up MUCH easier, the one where FIREClean really shined was on a .44 magnum that was mag-na-ported.  That area of the barrel is always a pain to clean due to the gas, fouling, and sometimes lead that accumulates.  It didn’t ‘fall off’, but it only needed some fairly light rubbing to get the area back to its original condition.  Cleaning this area is something that normally takes me about 15 minutes with different products and a stainless steel brush.  Needless to say, I am very pleased with FIREClean.

I should say that it is not inexpensive.  It can be found on their website (http://www.cleanergun.com) and also on Brownell’s website (http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-chemicals/oils-lubricants/lubricant-protectant-oils/fireclean-anti-fouling-conditioning-oil-prod55403.aspx).  The FIREClean website will give you additional information about what it will and will not (copper removal) work on.  It retails for $14.95 for a 2-ounce bottle.  Like I said, not inexpensive.  But the amount of labor that it saved me on cleaning the mag-na-ported pistol (now two times) made it worthwhile to me.

JohnP

Good info, always good to hear from someone who used it and you trust. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs