• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Cant edit my post

Started by FinsnFur, December 07, 2013, 09:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

For those of you that remember, we had a spell a while back where we were being infiltrated and the perpetrators would post up some derogatory comments, or personal attacks and then edit the post clean once the damage was done, and claim they had done nothing.
Because of that... the ability to edit your posts was limited to 30 minutes. Change your mind in thirty minutes or its there to stay. :eyebrow:
As you've seen, this causes problems for those with no ill will, and definitely the classifieds ads when an item is sold.
I've recently had some time to play with this and try to come up with an alternative to the board wide edit time limit.
As a result...

• The edit time limit has been lifted. Posts may be edited any time for the entire life of the post itself.
  • Edit options are not granted until you reach 500 posts, or you are an FnF Young Gun.

Remember a moderator can and will be happy to edit your post for you if need be. Simply shoot them a PM or mention it in your actual post.

(Recently changed from 1000 posts, lowered to 500 posts)
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

A 1000 post, holy smokes I may never get to edit a post and Lord know I can't spell.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

Sure ya will...but ya gotta quit disappearing first :laf: :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: centerfire_223 on December 08, 2013, 06:10:41 AM
A 1000 post, holy smokes I may never get to edit a post and Lord know I can't spell.

No problem, Ronnie.  You just got get more practice at blathering.  Some of us are really good at it.   :innocentwhistle: