Main Menu

Spoon please?

Started by nastygunz, July 30, 2017, 12:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Couple old spoons i sanded and painted

pitw

Is that the colors fish like?
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on July 30, 2017, 10:33:48 AM
Is that the colors fish like?

What kind of a question is THAT?  What does that have to do with making and selling fishing lures?   :confused: :iroll: :laf:

It is all about colors that fishermen like, and Nasty obviously likes these.  Don't hurt his feelings.

nastygunz

Wthhhhhhhhhhh.....The black one with yellow spots mimics a tiger salamander which is a favorite food of bass, pike and pickerel,and walley up here. The red one mimics a red breasted sunfish, also a favorite food of the aforementioned fish.  I use colors that work, and still in my opinion the best spoon for all those species is the plain old daredevil red and white spoon!

FinsnFur

Yah, is that the colors fish like?
They turned out good.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

I'm just ragging on you.  Those colors will catch I'm sure and they are beautifully finished.  I had no idea that they represented actual live baits.

Ditto for the red and white Daredevil and copies.  In late summer it was my go-to for summer run steelhead and is a staple of mine for pike and trout.

Sometimes I like the cheap knock-offs of red and white spoons because the metal is thinner and they flutter better.  They don't cast nearly as well but you can let them down on slack line in a current and they have a lot more action than heavier spoons. 

nastygunz

I did those when I was snowed in last winter ha ha. I am working on one now with a detachable handle so when you're not using it to fish you can actually attach the handle and use it as a real spoon, brilliant!

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on July 30, 2017, 07:56:54 PM
I did those when I was snowed in last winter ha ha. I am working on one now with a detachable handle so when you're not using it to fish you can actually attach the handle and use it as a real spoon, brilliant!

LMAO! :alscalls: :alscalls: Do you ever quit? Do you ever sleep?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coyote101

Maybe you can reattach a handle to this one, Nasty:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

That old lure has been to the dance and back!

FinsnFur

Wow!  :eyebrow: Is that black one homemade Pat?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on August 01, 2017, 11:15:34 PM
That old lure has been to the dance and back!

Now I have seen it all - a dancing spoon.    :biggrin:

Jerry

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 02, 2017, 05:27:16 AM
Wow!  :eyebrow: Is that black one homemade Pat?

Yes sir, someone made it from a tea spoon. It was in with a bunch of old spoons that I picked a few years ago. (Upper left in the picture) It is gold on one side and black on the other:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

Im always on the lookout for old lures!

Yotehntr

Just for kicks you may want the hook to be detachable too then.  :shrug:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

Boy, that is quite a nice collection there Pat. I'm jealous :sneer:

Good point Brad. LOL!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I am cutting Brad a percentage of the profit when I mass-market them  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:

Yotehntr

lol a smart azz cut huh?  :alscalls:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink: