• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Island camping 2023

Started by FinsnFur, August 30, 2023, 09:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Well the bro and I got our annual camp on the islands night in for the year, last weekend.
Everything worked against us last year and we coudnt get it done.

If you've ever wondered what heaven would be like but arent ready for the consequences of getting there, go out on the Mississippi River and sleep on an island. It is absolutely, indescribably, peaceful and majestic.

The river is so low right now, that were not actually camped out on a legit island. Most of the regular islands have been exposed for so long this year due to low water that they are now over grown with vegetation.
Were camping on a high spot of the actual river bed. You can see the riffles in the sand around us which is what the bottom of the river looks like normally.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Niiiice!  Great pics, looks like a gret place to sleep.

Hawks Feather

Looks like a great place to camp and making lasting memories with your brother. Love the drone pics.

bigben

Im jealous Jim.  Looks awesome. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

pitw

I like that  :highclap: .

Donny has gone on a fishing love this past year or so[more so than year].
He caught a Goldeye with no tail in the river.
I say what I think not think what I say.

msmith

Nice! I haven't been camping for so long. Great drone shot.

My drone got broke at church camp. I had it off to the side of some kids (7-11 year olds) and a kid threw a ball at it knocking it down then stepped on it because he thought it was the government watching them. Honestly, I couldn't be mad ya know.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Quote from: pitw on August 31, 2023, 03:52:37 PMI like that  :highclap: .

Donny has gone on a fishing love this past year or so[more so than year].
He caught a Goldeye with no tail in the river.

Good for him. He could be doin a LOT worse things. Your raising those lads proper.
I bet that GoldEye just missed being another fishes lunch :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Quote from: msmith on August 31, 2023, 07:48:27 PMNice! I haven't been camping for so long. Great drone shot.

My drone got broke at church camp. I had it off to the side of some kids (7-11 year olds) and a kid threw a ball at it knocking it down then stepped on it because he thought it was the government watching them. Honestly, I couldn't be mad ya know.

OUCH!  :doh2:  That woulda been an expensive mis-hap.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers