• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

City Yote

Started by studabaka, May 23, 2007, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

Put in a couple sets yesterday afternoon in the back yard of a home in the city of Charlotte. The home owner had seen a coyote a couple times. Each time the coyote seemed more bold and the last time they did a stare off at about 25-30 paces. He was worried about kids and pets, so he called the wildlife folks, who sent him to me. He had named him George, cause he thought he looked more like a George than a Wiley. I advised him it was probably a pair denning.

Here is what I found this morning.....

About a 35 lb male..... If I catch the female and she is wet [which she probably is], I have a pretty good idea where the den was at the time I set...... Bad thing is it's in a maze of briars and poison ivy  :puke:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

awh

WTG Stu :highclap: :yoyo:  Great job and pic to boot.

We have a guy here that does nothing but trap. He told me and Cam back in January that he had a permit to sell live yotes and foxes to a guy up north. You ought to check in on that for cases like this. Said the guy runs some sort of hunting club and releases the animals in a huge fenced in area for people to pay to hunt. The day me and Cam saw him he had a red fox that he had just got that was headed to the guy.
I'm sure you can walk over and put a leash on ol George can't ya? LOL
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

Coooooool! :biggrin:

He doesn't look real happy to see you Stu  :confused: :laf:

I think the pens your referring to awh are in Iowa...they got a pile of em.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

We got fox/yote pens around here as well. I've never sold them any fox / yotes, but I have talked to a couple WDCA's that have. Sounds like they get good money for them. It's legal to sell to licensed pens, though the wildlife guys aways tell us 'it's legal, but we'd rather you didn't.' Not sure why that is. I'll need to look into that, but as for George, he's in the salt  :eyebrow:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

I wish I could get em to hold still like that while I zeroed in on em.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

Pretty cool, Stu. That's interesting work.

That isn't a bad looking coyote either. With any luck you'll clear out the whole clan.

Brad

KySongDog

Nice job, Stu!  I wish I knew how to set traps like that.  Looks like you ruined that yote's whole day.   :biggrin:

CCP

GOOD Job stu!!

Keep us updated :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Mallardsr

Good job Stu! Thanks for sharing! RP

Coulter

Uh-oh...that reminds me. I was supposed to go talk to the caretaker of a cemetary by me that has a coyote harassing him. I better get on that. Nice catch Stu!!

Steve

bushmaster

That is so cool. I've never trapped a yote...  Is it not fascinating how you can determine where a critter will step by such suttle altercations?
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.