• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Managed 1 for myself

Started by Silencer, October 17, 2007, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Crack of dawn Dusty and I load up the dog and head for the river.   As we work our way to the "spot" we put out a large flock of woodies.  The majority went up the river and 2 loners down.   Within 20 min I called back in the 2 and finally got my own shootin in.  I shot the second bird and Dusty missed the first.  The next hour or so was uneventful till a lone mallard came in and Dusty missed that one as well.  I told him not to get discouraged, he's never really wing shot at all.
As we were taking the last photo of my "loner" 3 drake woodies landed and 7 more were coming in to them.  Shoulda figured, next time we wait that extra few minutes lol...   

Stryker

Me and the teen, least he acts like one lol :)

My hero shot 

I really wish we would have stayed that extra 15 minutes, but hind sight is 20/20 and that hunting !!!

Maybe I'll head back out tonight, not sure at the moment.

studabaka

Sounds like a purdy nice way to start the day and great company too. Your right about 'that being hunting' ... I had a nice big buck trot up to me as I was kneeling and packing up my stuff after just getting out of my stand a few days ago.... He stuck around long enough for me to get an arrow nocked and start my draw  :rolleye:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Least ya got some shootin.  :eyebrow: Thanks for bringing in the pics. Sure is a nice lookin dog ya got there  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Well I scouted a new swamp tonight with a couple of mallard dekes and my gun, but there was nothing there either :sad3: With about ten minutes left of legal shooting a flock of 12 geese lighted on the other side of the pond. Then a single mallard about 5 minutes after shooting hours. I went out to fetch up my lonely dekes and the geese headed for other parts. I then went back to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet and see if anything else planned to show up after hours. About 10 minutes after hours the sky opened up with flock after flock of geese. I lost count of how many, but there had to be 80-100 honkers before I left and I could still here more coming. I know where I'm gonna be when goose opens back up :eyebrow: I'm guessing this pond will see some migrating ducks when they start moving down too...at least I hope. Good to see somebody getting some birds...keep teasing us with those pics.

Steve