• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Show off your predator rifles

Started by wvmtnman506, October 08, 2006, 09:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

I do too Jim. It just falls into place. That was a roughed out stock from Gunstocks Inc. It took me a little bit to cut the finger grooves, fit the recoil pad and fit and finish it, but it was well worth the trouble. I have 2 more to work on and 1 more on the way. I have a autumn camo diamondwood for the 204, a black and silver diamondwood for the 25ACP x 50 ML and a fiddleback maple/rosewood cap and tip for the 300 Mag.  :yoyo: Can ya tell I'm an Encore fan?  :eyebrow:

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

FinsnFur

Yeah I can tell your a wood carver too.
Gimme an address I'm dissembling my Boyds right now  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CypressSlough

Send it on down. Better insure it first though. :roflmao:.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Dogwood Creek

Hey Rock, you're killin' me! You know I love that picture. Itis going to be a loooong summer.

iahntr

Man, some nice lookin guns there!! :bowingsmilie:
Scott

The Rock

RJ, If you get to make your trip I'll pull out the BDS for you. They have a hard time getting away from it. You can just keep on walking them in till they fall or your out of ammo. either way it's a good laugh. :biggrin:

Another predator rifle I use quite a bit.

BDS (black death stick)

Dogwood Creek

Getting closer buddy. I went and checked out a case for flying out with the new Tikka. Looked at the Flight Proof case at Cabelas over the weekend. I'll pick one up next trip down.Checked out air fare too. Not too bad if I book early. All I need now is a motel and a buddy to show me around.

Here are a couple of my so called predator rifles. I call them predator rifles, but the predators here in PA don't recognize them as such. :shrug: That is the only reason I can come up with for them shunning me. :madd:

Top is an NEF in 223 stocked in Choate Survival stocks. Next is a Mod 12 Savage 22/250 in a Choate Ultimate Varmint stock. Last but not least is the new Tikka in 22/250.  We are going to bloody that one up good Rock. :eyebrow: At least that is the plan. :wink:

ohiobob

Here is MY attempt at posting multiple pics

Bushmaster Predator

Parker-Hale in .22-.250

Remington Sportsman 12 Magnum

You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Dogwood Creek

You lucky dog! I haven't seen a Parker Hale in years. That one is fantastic! :yoyo: A 22/250 to boot. My favorite varmint round. Take care of that beauty buddy. If you ever get tired of it cluttering up the place just holler. I'll take good care of her for you, :wink:R.J.

FinsnFur

Pretty nice attempt Bob.  :biggrin:
Pretty nice pile of arsenal too  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

The Rock

R.J. , there are a few things to make bleed around here. I bet we can manage to get some blood on it if you make it down this way. The Midland / Odessa, TX airport would be the closest and easiest place if you can get travel set up for it. If not then Elpaso, Tx but, It's twice as far to drive to C-Bad. If you go toward the west side of the state Elpaso would be good access to the LasCruses and Deming area. I don't know anything about that side of state from personal travle but, it does have Coyotes.

Shoot a Pm when you come up with a plan and let me know what's up.  :shrug:

Dogwood Creek

Will do Rock. I don't know why I never thought of flying into TX. I'll check it out.

vvarmitr

Quote from: Dogwood Creek on June 01, 2007, 04:47:45 PM
I don't know why I never thought of flying into TX.

Duh, because it beats walking! :doh2:

Dogwood Creek

BasinBoy

Quote from: CypressSlough on May 07, 2007, 05:05:45 PM
Here's a couple of mine. Top Encore is a new 204 and the bottom is a 22-250.       Brian.

Brian im  making me a thumbhole stock for my muzzleloader. i already have a rough cut out of it but i cant figure out how to get the would to fit with the tapered barrel. whats all the tools you used for that?

CypressSlough

I used a Gunline Barrel Bedding Tool to rough it down. Then I used sandpaper wrapped around a dowel rod to fine tune the shape and depth. The bedding tool removes wood very quickly. Use caution with it. If ya get too agressive with it, you'll cut way too much wood off before you know it. Make sure you check the depth of the barrel channel as you work it down. 

What ML do you have?

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

BasinBoy

CypressSlough

Cody, I left off another tool I used. A Jerry Fisher Inletting Scraper. It has a different size scraper on each end. It will help fine tune the taper and smooth everything up as well.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

BasinBoy

ohiobob

RJ
I am surprised most people KNOW about Parker-Hale, many people I talk to about rifles think a Parker-Hale is sold at Wal-Mart  :laf:,,I had a problem when I bought it because before I bought My reloading stuff 20 years ago I went to a buddies house to reload some old brass from one of the friends guns,,well I forgot to take the rifle because I always loaded 3 shells and checked the feed of the reloaded shells,,well I forgot the gun and told the friend that i have checked the first 3 rounds on a ton of guns and they always worked nice,,so we proceeded to load 60 rounds and when I got home i put them up,the next day i decided to check them,,well the first 3 the bolt would NOT close :doh2:
the next few the bolt closed BUT i had to force it,and I had a gunsmith tell me before that if you can get the bolt closed and locked down you could shoot the gun,,well about 20 were shot out of my gun and the other 40 worked Flawlessly in my friends Remington 788,,went in it like butter and you could close the bolt with 1 finger :mad3:
I COULD NOT understand the difference in chambers
SO I went to the "old" Gunsmith and asked him what the hell was going on? so he explained it to me
HE said that the American gun makers will use a set of brushes on around 200 guns,,BUT the Parker-Hale Brits used a set of brushes on only about 10 - 20 rifles and then changes brushes,,SO that means the Parker-Hale chamber is under a TIGHTER TOLERANCE than the American chambers and all I need to do was neck size the shells that were shot out of my Rifle,,which is what I do NOW  :doh2:
I was going to sell the gun to 1 guy and another wanted to trade me a gun for it and I changed my mind at the last minute   :whew:
BUT I have been thinking of getting rid of it here lately but I am looking at buying a new Rifle in 204 Ruger and 25-06
BUT the problem I am having is I have HEARD Remington has gone DOWN HILL and they have a lot of problems in Quality ??? I DONT KNOW for myself BUT I am sure someone on here can help me out  :laf:
I HOPE ANYWAY ?
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???