• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hunting in the east video

Started by Frogman, December 20, 2007, 06:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I just received "Hunting in the East" from Kees Productions.  This is a great video for anyone living in the East.  I get to see lots of kills on the other videos, but they really don't help me get any kills of my own.  Brent Saxton's video is more instructional.  Only a few kills, but lots of information about scouting, setting up, camouflage, calling, etc.  Plus it is filmed in an area very similar to what I have here in WV.  It is excellent and I am looking forward to Brent's second video. 

I also ordered a Reese Cow Horn Howler from Brent.  I had been having difficulty howling with the Hot Dog aan other commercial howlers i got at Cabelas.  This one seems very easy to blow and sounds great to me.  Hope to try it out soon along with some of the ideas from the video.  I reccomend both! 
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

:yoyo: I concur

I have no idea what that means, I heard it today and thought this would be a good place to use it on my own  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Frogman:  You won't find a better instructional video than Brent's.  He does the things you need to be successful in our part of the world.  As for the howler comments, I assume you are talking about the Black Coyote Howler from Loren Reese.  I have commented several times that it is the easiest howler I have seen to operate.  With a little practice, you can make about any coyote vocalization you would ever want on that rascal.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

wv_yoter

Jim, maybe we can get out after the holidays. Brent's video is very helpful for rooks like us.  :biggrin:
Jason

Frogman

wv_yoter  I look forward to anothe hunt with you.
Jim

MELSDAD

I recently got my DVD in the mail, and I was happy with the purchase. I have only watched one other predator hunting video, and this is the best. The other video had tons of kills in it, but was not very helpful with set-ups, calling,scouting, etc. like Brents video was. I will  buy part II as soon as it is available, and I to recommend this video to anyone living in the east.

Frogman

I wonder when we can expect "Hunting in the East, Vol. 2"?

Jim

MELSDAD

Frogman, hopefully it is not to far off.

keekee

Thanks for all the kind words guys and I'm really glad the video helped! Lets see some fur pictures!!!! :biggrin:

We have the next release just about done at this point. The next release will be Coyotes " Full throttle" This video was filmed in the east, west and mid west and has something for everyone on the DVD. Lots of action and some awesome up close shot guns kills even in the open areas of AZ.

We are filming for the Back to basic's part two now and hope to have it done and two other instructional video's by fall of 2008. The video is layed out the same as back to basic's but goes further into the different areas of coyote calling and all kinds of other stuff.

On the other tow DVDs they will be seminar series video's one on howling and one on distress calling. Don't want to say a hole lot about them yet but they will be worth the wait!

Again guys thanks for The kind words!

Brent

LBLDOG

Brent I  just couldnt wait till you came to LBLhunt. I ordered my video of yours today from ALL PREDATOR CALLS.com  and also a dead coyote choke for my turkey gun. I cannot wait to watchit!   :yoyo:

wv-outdoor

I just googled this video. I couldn't find anywhere to purchase it. Is it no longer available? If it is, could you please post where..

FinsnFur

I dont think this particular one IS available anymore but Canine would be the one to ask, since Brent went into ADC work.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com